Windows 10: How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

Discus and support How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought some years ago an Asus VivoPC K20CD with an integrated Windows 10 family edition licence. Recently, I did change it's motherboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jonas Cecon, Mar 23, 2019.

1. How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

Hello,

I bought some years ago an Asus VivoPC K20CD with an integrated Windows 10 family edition licence. Recently, I did change it's motherboard and it's RAM stick and had the text in the right corner of my screen asking me to Activate windows by accessing to the parameters.

After running the troubleshooting tool for the activation of Windows, it returns me this message :

Impossible d’activer Windows

Nous ne trouvons pas d’appareil associé à votre compte Microsoft pouvant être utilisé pour réactiver l’appareil que vous utilisez actuellement. Vérifiez que vous êtes connecté avec le compte Microsoft avec lequel vous avez associé la licence numérique Windows 10 sur cet appareil, ou réessayez ultérieurement.

which translates to "Unable to activate Windows" and then "We did not find any device associated to your Microsoft account that can be used to reactivate the device you are currently using. Please verify that you are connected with the Microsoft account" with which you associated the Windows 10 numeric licence on this device, or try later."

As I remember, I did create an Microsoft account before changing my motherboard. I have tried to contact the Microsoft support who suggested me to rebuy a Microsoft licence (but there is no way I spend 140 € for a licence that I already bought).

How can I reactivate my account ?

:)

Jonas Cecon, Mar 23, 2019

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

I recently did some major hardware upgrades on my computer, including replacing the motherboard. A week before I did this I linked my digital license to my microsoft account so I could reactivate windows after the upgrade, following the steps on this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

After following the second set of steps I'm given this error:

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try
    again later."

Clicking "See other devices" shows me nothing except:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.

If you're not seeing your current device, make sure you're signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device. "

I'm signed in on this computer as an admin with my Microsoft account. Is there anything else I can try to reactivate Windows 10?

AMonoceros, Mar 23, 2019
  4. How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

windows won't reactivate/ troubleshooter claims i cannot connect to the internet even when i'm browsing the internet

Hi Darren,

Whenever you changed a hardware in your computer such as upgrading your motherboard, the
    system will prompt you to reactivate Windows. This is because your
    digital license was linked to your computer's hardware at the time of your first activation. We suggest that you follow the steps on this

article
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

1. How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting... - Similar Threads - reactivate hardware upgrade

2. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I have recently upgraded my pc. the old motherboard and cpu went faulty and i put a second hand cpu and motherboard. Now have encountered a problem that my windows is activated not anymore and showing an error code 0xc004f213 saying there has been a hardware change. I have...
  3. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I have recently upgraded my pc. the old motherboard and cpu went faulty and i put a second hand cpu and motherboard. Now have encountered a problem that my windows is activated not anymore and showing an error code 0xc004f213 saying there has been a hardware change. I have...
  4. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: Hi there. I recently had a significant hardware upgrade to my PC but am still using all the old hard drives, including the one I installed Windows 10 on many years ago. I've since lost my activation key, so I went to updates & security > activation in my settings and ran the...
  6. Reactivation after hardware upgrade

Reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi guys, I just upgraded my PC CPU, motherboard, RAM, and SSD to be specific and having problems reactivating my Windows 10. I was using a Windows 10 home retail key brought on Amazon upgraded to pro and linked to my Microsoft account. Tried the troubleshooting and change...
  7. Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade

Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade: I've recently upgraded my home desktop replacing everything but my harddrive, gpu, and power supply. Before doing so I attempted to get my windows 10 pro key for reactivation but was told that it would saved to my windows account since I'm keeping the hardrives the same...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  9. reactivating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

reactivating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: My motherboard failed and I replaced it with a new board. Now windows 10 is prompting me to activate again. The activation code was embedded in the old motherboard and I don't have the code number. Activation says the code shown under system settings is not valid. Can I...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard): Will I have any issues reactivating Windows10 since it came pre-installed by the OEM(cyberpowerpc), and Windows will view the new motherboard as a different PC? I'm running the latest 1809 version of Windows, and my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. According...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 activation after mptherboard crash

2. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware crash

3. We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices. These devices were registered with a version of Windows 10 that does not support this feature.

4. how to reactivate windows 10 after motherboard upgrade