Windows 10: how to reactivate windows 10 when hard disk get crashes and not having product key?

Discus and support how to reactivate windows 10 when hard disk get crashes and not having product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have dell Vostro series laptop. My Laptop hard disk get crashed. I change hard disk hdd to ssd but in new hard there no windows 10 OS. I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RamThabde, Sep 27, 2019.

1. RamThabde Win User

how to reactivate windows 10 when hard disk get crashes and not having product key?

I have dell Vostro series laptop. My Laptop hard disk get crashed. I change hard disk hdd to ssd but in new hard there no windows 10 OS. I don't have the product key? Laptop come with pre installed operating system. please suggest me getting the product key and activating the windows.

:)

RamThabde, Sep 27, 2019

2. Can i deactivate windows 10 product key on a crashed hard drive

Can i reactivate or deactivate my windows 10, my hard disk with the windows 10 that was registered crashed and i have a new one. can i install windows 10 again with the same serial key and product id

Ryan Tailor, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Change of licence key- Windows 10

Hi,

The second option that you've posted is actually the best way of moving a hard disk drive to another device. We'd recommend updating the product key once the hard disk drive of machine 1 is already attached to machine 2. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Click on the Activation option.
    • Click on Change product key.
    • Enter machine 2's product key.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.

We'd recommend performing the steps posted on this
    link
    should the steps posted above don't suffice. The steps are intended for reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

In the event that the recommended steps didn't work for you, we'd recommend contacting our support team. To do this, click on this

link

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, Sep 27, 2019
  4. how to reactivate windows 10 when hard disk get crashes and not having product key?

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

how to reactivate windows 10 when hard disk get crashes and not having product key?

1. how to reactivate windows 10 when hard disk get crashes and not having product key? - Similar Threads - reactivate hard disk

2. how to get windows 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get windows 10 pro product key: I lost my windows product key after upgrading my RAM memory in the laptop. I have been trying to recover the product key from BIOS and other ways many times using online help but it was never a success till now. please tell me how can I recover my product key effectively....
  3. can't reactivate windows 10 even when I have my product key.

can't reactivate windows 10 even when I have my product key.: one day after a hardware change windows 10 unactivated. so I try to troubleshoot and select recently changed hardware and I go click on that and still it can't reactive windows 10. I have my product key I have tried changing the product key but still nothing....
  4. how can I have a product key ?

how can I have a product key ?: how can I have a product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-have-a-product-key/c6db0db3-019d-47df-8e70-ce7e32b90074"
  5. how to get a windows 10 product key

how to get a windows 10 product key: hi, i have bought a new laptop just a few months ago it came with a windows10 disc and i unfortunaly lost it so now i have to activate windows and i can't because i don't have a product key. also when i go into the windows store an error pops up saying that i can't buy this...
  6. hard drive crashed. need win 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard drive crashed. need win 10 pro product key: my hard drive crashed. it had Win 10 Home free upgrade from Win 7, plus I paid $99 for the upgrade to Pro. I bought a new computer with Win 10 home. I need the product key from my purchase of Pro for the new computer...
  7. Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key

Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key: Okay, so here's the issue. I built my pc years ago and had a physical copy of windows 10 that I installed on my computer. Just recently I decided to upgrade some parts on my pc and that included a new motherboard. I obviously lost my windows product key because it's been...
  8. Getting a product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting a product key: Will I have to buy a copy of windows 10 to get a product key if I used the media creation tool to put windows 10 on a new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-product-key/34782f16-b11d-448e-8e90-3c7ae583b8d8
  9. How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?

How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?: I accidently deactivated it while i was using command prompt (admin). Now, i am unable to access some built-in features & I don't have original product key with me now. Is there any way to reactivate my key?...
  10. Windows 7 product key reactivation

Windows 7 product key reactivation: Hello all! I'm having an issue with a Windows 7 Home Premium product key I have lying around that I've been trying to get activated as a 10 key. I believe the one I'm using was an older HP OEM key. I've gone through in a virtual machine with an install of 7 with that key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive crash reactivate windows 10

2. hard crash and no windows product key found