Windows 10: How to reactivate with no MS Acct

Discus and support How to reactivate with no MS Acct in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Some weeks ago I placed a post on this forum about my husband's PC and unfortunately I did not respond to the two messages that were left. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TraceyW, Jan 22, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

How to reactivate with no MS Acct

Hi

Some weeks ago I placed a post on this forum about my husband's PC and unfortunately I did not respond to the two messages that were left. However, now my husband's PC has well and truly died in that the mobo appears to have given up the ghost since doesn't even get to loading the OS. Currently I am expecting delivery of a new mobo, memory and processor today (22/1/2019).

What this post is really about though is: how do I reactivate Win 10 for him. He doesn't have a Microsoft account (that I've been able to find anyway) so his PC is not associated with an account. I've checked how to reactivate a PC after a hardware change but as far as I can make out he needs a MS acct with an associated PC before he can do so. Since he has neither, does this mean we will have to purchase a retail copy of Windows 10?

Any help on this most appreciated. Thanks.
    Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Jan 22, 2019
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    MS Acct vs Local acct

You said exactly this, the last sentence of your post I quoted:

And I still say no, it's exactly the opposite: you can never make a local account as safe as an MS Account. You need to be more careful with a local account which cannot be secured with two step verification.

4. Likity Win User

My mispelledmail acct

one of my e mail addresses is misspelled, but is one of those accts that pops up when I go to log in to an e mail acct. How do I remove this misspelled acct from this list of accts that pop up as suggestions when I begin typing in the email acct I want.

and change the spelling

Likity, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How to reactivate with no MS Acct - Similar Threads - reactivate Acct

2. Windows 10 reactivation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation issue: Hello, like many people before, I'm having issues with my Windows 10 Pro key that was supposedly associated with this account and now I can't activate my Windows after changing my motherboard and CPU. I've tried the solutions presented by the virtual agent and nothing works....
  3. Change of hardware reactivation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change of hardware reactivation: Here is my situation -Many moons ago I built my own computer -I installed Windows 8/8.1 on it and activated it with a legitimately purchased retail product key. I no longer have access to this product key. -In the free upgrade period I updated to windows 10 -I have a...
  4. Driver reactivate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver reactivate.: Hii… I Turned off my display driver for my motherboard, because the device manager isn't picking up my graphics card and I hoped that that would help. It didn't, now I have no display outputs working. Is there any way that I could re-enable my mobo output, without seeing the...
  5. Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install

Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install: I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on this machine after a fresh install from a downloaded file. I do not have the original media. I am told “We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license…”. Not true. This machine had/has a digital...
  6. Cant reactivate windows after motherboard change

Cant reactivate windows after motherboard change: I just got a motherboard upgrade and now I need to reactivate windows 10 Pro. I currently dont have the product key with me any more. Is there a way to reactivate my windows without my product key....
  7. how to reactivate windows 10 after reinstall

how to reactivate windows 10 after reinstall: Hello, I recently ran into a problem with my PC, which made me unable to access it entirely. It forced my to have to Factory Reset my PC. After the reset, I had to reinstall windows using a USB I had laying around. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro as I was pretty sure this is what...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't reactivate with digital license

Windows 10 doesn't reactivate with digital license: So I got a new computer with motherboard, cpu and gpu but I tried logging in with my microsoft account but it doesn't reactivate with a digital license. I removed the license from the old computer with the CMD commands. I also tried troubleshooting but it could not find any...
  9. Windows 10 Home Reactivation

Windows 10 Home Reactivation: Hey there! I just upgraded my sons PC, I was initially able to reactivate Windows, but when the PC restarted, it told me it was no longer activated and I have been unable to reactivate it since. Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks for your time...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I swapped out my old HDD for a new SSD and I moved all the data safely with Samsung's Data Migration Software. Everything went well until I noticed the "Activate Windows" watermark in the lower right hand corner or my screen. I followed every 'solution' I could find online....