Windows 10: how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

Discus and support how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I insert a data cd into the cd reader, I get the following screen. I already have a disc in the cd reader. This will show a progress bar at This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Mar 27, 2019.

1. how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

When I insert a data cd into the cd reader, I get the following screen. I already have a disc in the cd reader. This will show a progress bar at This PC that at fist shows it is progressing, then eventually stops progressing. At that point. I have let it sit for 20 minutes and still it does not show the contents of the disc. The disc does contain data.

What is the system waiting for me to do at that point?

Thanks for you help. Phil.

how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10 50d76a15-3a8d-4a36-8bbc-401711be8142?upload=true.png

:)

SweetTasha, Mar 27, 2019

2. Read Write Broken CD/DVD Functions.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Suggest you to completely reinstall the cd/dvd driver and check if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see cd/dvd rom drive.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
    option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 27, 2019
  3. lea4321 Win User
    Data CD's are not getting read in Windows

deegeeh,

I am having the same issue with my new HP Pavilion desk top, which came pre-installed with Windows 10, and It does not read my data CDs at all. However, it does play audio CDs and DVD movies with no problem. I am perplexed by this.

I've tried running the data CDs in another computer (which runs Windows 7) and they work just fine, so the CDs are not faulty. Again, I am perplexed by this one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

(I realize this is an older post so I will try to start a new thread as well) Just hoping someone might be able to help me. Thank you.

lea4321, Mar 27, 2019
  4. how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

Unable to write to DVD/CDs after windows 10 upgrade

Tried what has been suggested but still cannot write to CD/DVDs. OK reading CD/DVDs

Pete

PeterCorker, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

1. how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10 - Similar Threads - read write data

2. EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE: Hello and Thank you Everyone coming across and answering my question, your help is appreciated.Sorry in advance because this is going to be long; more so because I want to include all details and am not sure what details are gonna be helpful or not so much :I have already...
  3. EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXPLORER CRASHES ON DATA READ/WRITE: Hello and Thank you Everyone coming across and answering my question, your help is appreciated.Sorry in advance because this is going to be long; more so because I want to include all details and am not sure what details are gonna be helpful or not so much :I have already...
  4. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD is write protected: HelloI want to format my school CD and use some things on himBut when i go to format him it says the disk is write protected I tried going to cmd and cleared attributes but is is still same thing Can you help me?...
  5. CD is write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD is write protected: HelloI want to format my school CD and use some things on himBut when i go to format him it says the disk is write protected I tried going to cmd and cleared attributes but is is still same thing Can you help me?...
  6. DVD/CD Drive not showing in Control Panel Reads but Will Not Write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD Drive not showing in Control Panel Reads but Will Not Write: Quite suddenly my DELL XPS has failed to Write any DVD or CD's it Reads, but will not allow FORMAT or WRITE. In searching I find that my DELL HL-DT-STDVD+RW shows up in Device Manager but is not found in Control Panel under Devices and Printers or anywhere else? In Explorer...
  7. Cheap External CD/DVD drive with quickish read/write

Cheap External CD/DVD drive with quickish read/write: I've searched this website and Google to try and find a cd/dvd drive that is not too expensive but has quickish read/write speeds. I have a new laptop which does not have a built-in cd/dvd. I have bought an external blu-ray/dvd/cd drive but when using EAC to make a copy of...
  8. Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading

Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading: hi all having searched these pages for 2 days now, tried everything i found i cannot fix this issue. my Pioneer BD-Rw 208d blu-ray writer cannot read the disks i backed up using this writer in windows 8.1, just 6 months ago i finally plunged for a new pc and windows 10...
  9. dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd,cd won' read or write after upgrading 10: dvd,cd will not read or write after upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-won-read-or-write-after-upgrading-10/49bfd0fd-cdeb-45df-b60a-eb9a40a54b59
  10. cd/dvd not reading/writing

cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...