Windows 10: How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please, note: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer (this is EASY), I want to completely eliminate any chance of "Quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ralves58, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Ralves58 Win User

How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?

Please, note: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer (this is EASY), I want to completely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!!

The problem is that all "fixes" to remove it make "Quick Access" disappear only from File Explorer, but after a few reboots an annoying "Quick Access" icon appears on the Windows desktop, and that's irritating!

How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10? 79023a4c-b26c-4652-83ef-35b4d0f9f742?upload=true.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove Quick Access forever from anywhere?

:)

Ralves58, Jan 22, 2019

2. Disable "Quick Access"

You may try the steps listed for
    v1607 here
    , and reverse the earlier method you used to disable Qa.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 22, 2019
  4. How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?

1. How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - *REALLY* completely disable

2. Windows 10 Quick Access Completely Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Quick Access Completely Missing: [ATTACH] Does anyone else have issues with Windows 10 20H2 where quick access is completely missing on the left side in folders. I'm pretty sure I didn't mess around with settings, it randomly disappeared. Is there any way to bring it back?...
  3. Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer this is EASY, I want tocompletely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!! I'vw searched all of the posts related...
  4. Microphone access is completely disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone access is completely disabled: [ATTACH] Hey guys. Windows is seemingly preventing me from turning on microphone access. Just... greyed out... The mic itself is all set up and seems good to go. I read up on guides for over 2 hours, and since most guides advised that, tried changing options within...
  5. Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903: Hi everyone I've got a weird problem in that my Quick Action buttons on the notification area have all suddenly become disabled and are greyed out. [ATTACH] I first noticed this yesterday following a restart of my tablet. I had been uninstalling various graphic design...
  6. Quick access has disappeared completely.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access has disappeared completely.: Hey Guys, I've reinstalled my whole computer few weeks ago and was running one of the batch windows 10 un-necessary tweaks remover tools... And my quick access was also gone. Could you please help me to understand how to solve it? It is enabled in explorer settings so i'm...
  7. disable the Quick Access toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable the Quick Access toolbar: The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something that I did not use recently....
  8. I failed to disable Quick Start completely

I failed to disable Quick Start completely: When I press Shut down, my PC doesn’t shut down completely due to the Quick Start feature. I tried to disable this feature in the power options but Windows is still uses it. Can I stop this feature completely and permanently?...
  9. How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer: Seen and followed tutorials on this, but still they don't completely vanish, how to get rid of em, or at least have only the disks show up? [img] 121213
  10. Disable Quick Access

Disable Quick Access: I read the following thread. Quick access in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I am looking for a faster way to do it with less steps. Does anyone have a .reg or .bat that does everything for you? Can someone make one? 35053