Windows 10: how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

Discus and support how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klaro 1590, Oct 30, 2022.

1. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile Icons. Advice?

:)

klaro 1590, Oct 30, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 30, 2022
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Oct 30, 2022
  4. ITshadow Win User

how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, Oct 30, 2022
Thema:

how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

1. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar - Similar Threads - rearrange ICONs taskbar

2. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  3. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rearrange taskbar icons?: Hi!I would like to rearrange the icons on my taskbar, but they are 'stuck' in an order. I tried looking this up, but I could only find suggestions that involve third-party software, which isn't something I would prefer for my work laptop. I can rearrange icons of different...
  4. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I rearrange taskbar icons?: Hi!I would like to rearrange the icons on my taskbar, but they are 'stuck' in an order. I tried looking this up, but I could only find suggestions that involve third-party software, which isn't something I would prefer for my work laptop. I can rearrange icons of different...
  5. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to rearrange running items on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to rearrange running items on the taskbar?: I don't combine items on the taskbar, so if I have 3 instances of Google Chrome running for instance, all 3 will be listed on the taskbar, the way Windows traditionally had them. But if I want to rearrange the order of the 3 instances, how do I do it? I can drag and drop the...
  7. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  8. Moving the taskbar rearranges my desktop icons + saves the configuration somehow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the taskbar rearranges my desktop icons + saves the configuration somehow: I have a 2 monitor setup and have been having a ton of issues lately with my desktop icons rearranging when my monitors go to sleep. I've read a bunch of threads on making sure windows is up-to-date (the standard default solution), removing registry keys, and updating my...
  9. windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons: In the middle of my day, or just at random times, my taskbar icons open applications, not pinned will all of a sudden move around and rearrange themselves. How do I prevent this? I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720. Below are my settings. [ATTACH]...
  10. Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an unintended order--mainly within the individual programs since I pinned my main icons to the taskbar. This issue seemed to...