Windows 10: how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app

Discus and support how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I would like to move some photos to a different location in the windows 10 photo app.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bigbyrd1, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bigbyrd1 Win User

how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app

I would like to move some photos to a different location in the windows 10 photo app.

:)

Bigbyrd1, Jan 1, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Windows Photo Gallery with One drive switched off

Thank you for the information. Just to verify, are you trying to do it using the OneDrive Desktop App or is it through OneDrive.com?

If you are using the OneDrive Desktop App, we suggest you to try it on OneDrive.com, and follow the steps below to rearrange your files:

• Browse to the folder with the files or photos you want to rearrange.
    • Tap or click Sort, and then choose Rearrange.
    • If prompted, install Microsoft Silverlight.
    • Arrange the files or photos by dragging them in the order you want them to appear.
    • Tap or click Save sort order.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jan 1, 2019
  4. how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app

Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app

1. how to rearrange photos in the windows 10 app - Similar Threads - rearrange photos app

2. How do I rearrange the apps on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rearrange the apps on my desktop?: The apps on my desktop are stretched out and I can't move most of them from the stack. However I can move microsoft teams and drop it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rearrange-the-apps-on-my-desktop/e932847e-98c1-49eb-8711-923d69c0a75e
  3. Desktop apps rearranging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop apps rearranging: Hi All my desktop apps rearranged today by themselves when I closed down the lid of my computer, I was wondering am I being hacked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-apps-rearranging/e4dca731-419e-4617-ac72-cee5a1cac2a5
  4. Desktop apps rearranging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop apps rearranging: Hi All my desktop apps rearranged today by themselves when I closed down the lid of my computer, I was wondering am I being hacked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-apps-rearranging/e4dca731-419e-4617-ac72-cee5a1cac2a5
  5. Desktop apps rearranging

6. rearranging photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rearranging photos: I simply want to rearrange a large number of photos in a given folder in "file explorer". It appears that is not possible in Windows Explorer but is a capability of One Drive? Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Microsoft 365 Family...
  7. rearrange accounts in mail app

rearrange accounts in mail app: hi, how can i rearrange accounts in mail app? it would be more convenience if there's an option to do so. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rearrange-accounts-in-mail-app/dea6057a-caf3-438d-88ec-38bb2c00099a
  8. rearranging scannned photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rearranging scannned photos: I am trying to rearrange scanned old photos in groups in the same file eg from young to marriage days in windows 10 how can I achieve this task . I am pulling my hair out try a few things...
  9. How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There may be a reason you may want to uninstall the built-in Windows 10 Photos app installed on your PC. But if you open Settings > Apps, you will find that the option to uninstall is grayed out. While we [...] This post How to uninstall Photos App on...
  10. Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos (rearrange order of presentation in an album): I find working with photos in windows very difficult. how do i simply rearrange/sort photos in and album? Simple Click and drag doesn't work. thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rearrange photos in windows 10

2. rearrange photos windows 10

3. how to rearrange photos in windows 10 by filename