Windows 10: How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ari94, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ari94 Win User

How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

Hi,

I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer.

Therefore, I thought How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10, may be that can solve the problem. Because Desktop Icon mostly get white no image Jpeg or SVG file no thumbnail.

So, question is,

Is it safe and how to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10?

Thank you very much in advance.

:)

Ari94, Apr 25, 2020
  2. seahawks65, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?

I was curious about the thumbnail cache and icon cache. Do these rebuild themselves after a feature update? I have a small issue with some icons. It so insignificant that I won’t bother manually rebuilding the icon cache but just wondered if a feature update forces something like this seeing as it already returns some windows 10 settings to default (such as system restore being off by default)

thanks
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Apr 25, 2020
  4. mosesx Win User

mosesx, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rebuild Icon Cache

2. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  3. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  4. Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.610. Shortly after that a number of icons on my desktop went blank. Properties displays still show correct icons. Tried running Rebuild_Icon_Cache batch file supplied in the tutorials but no success. Any ideas? 167685
  5. Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?: Hi. I have two SSDs in my laptop, one of which contains Windows and a few programs, and the other drive is Bitlocker encrypted and contains documents, pictures and games. I am noticing that just recently, my thumbnail cache has rebuilding itself quite frequently, often after...
  6. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  7. Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?: I was curious about the thumbnail cache and icon cache. Do these rebuild themselves after a feature update? I have a small issue with some icons. It so insignificant that I won’t bother manually rebuilding the icon cache but just wondered if a feature update forces something...
  8. Broken Thumbnail and Icon cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Thumbnail and Icon cache?: So yesterday when I was looking around at my wallpapers from the explorer I noticed that some thumbnail previews for my pictures are green. [img] I had to cut around the personal pictures. It's not like every picture that's like this. I think these were the ones that I...
  9. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10 The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The icon...
  10. Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...