Windows 10: How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead

Discus and support How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to migrate my RE5 save-data via the in-game feature so that I can utilize Steamworks. However, any attempt to do so asks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RopeDrink, Apr 7, 2020.

1. RopeDrink Win User

How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead

Hello,

I've been trying to migrate my RE5 save-data via the in-game feature so that I can utilize Steamworks. However, any attempt to do so asks for a Product Key which I can no longer acquire as the old GFWL services always throw up an error when it tries to download my previous purchase-history data.

Is there some other way I can retrieve them?

:)

RopeDrink, Apr 7, 2020
  2. MrNeeds Win User

gfwl

if your games are bought with the GFWL store, you would have gotten an email with your product key, you can register that key with steam and download it for free, there's always a way How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead :)

MrNeeds, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Krazee9 Win User
    How To Get Product Key for GFWL Store Purchase

Years ago, when Microsoft first launched their Games for Windows Live store they had a promotion where you could get Age of Empires III complete collection for $0.10, so naturally I jumped on it. I had it installed on my other hard drive before Microsoft
    shut down the download service, but I recently re-installed windows on a new hard drive. I went to try and play AoE3 off the old install, but it is now asking for a product key, which I can't get since Microsoft shut down the old store. I was wondering if
    there's any way for me to get the product keys for things purchased on the old GFWL store so that I can play AoE3 again? It shows up in my purchase history that I bought this, but AoE3 doesn't seem to exist on the current Microsoft Store.

Krazee9, Apr 7, 2020
  4. How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead

gfwl

Same with me, did you ever find a fix? This is a bit of a joke. If you've paid for a product they should keep GFWL running so you can install. I can understand if they retire it not to sell new stuff. Games should never ever of been allowed to be so tightly entwined with a service that may not last. The amount of people stung by this and Windows 10 not running games with securom/safe disc is a joke

Scottyboy99, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead

1. How to Reclaim Old GFWL Product Keys Service Dead - Similar Threads - Reclaim Old GFWL

2. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  3. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  4. Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC: My old PC died, and I have a new PC now and need to activate windows.I un-linked my old PC from my account thinking it would transfer the license to my new PC but that didn't work.I don't have the email that has my product key because it was through my school email address...
  5. Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC

Help With Getting Old Product key from dead PC: My old PC died, and I have a new PC now and need to activate windows.I un-linked my old PC from my account thinking it would transfer the license to my new PC but that didn't work.I don't have the email that has my product key because it was through my school email address...
  6. need product key from dead computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  7. Product Key on Dead SSD

Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  8. Product Key on Dead SSD

Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  9. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How do you get an old product key back from a completely dead computer?

How do you get an old product key back from a completely dead computer?: Hello, I own a MacBook Air now for art but I'm trying to make it so it could use "Bootcamp assistant" to switch back and forth from IOS to Windows 10 so I can play PC games. I had an old Windows 10 but it's completely dead/unusable now. I had a product key with it but I'm...