Windows 10: How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or...

Discus and support How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday, Dec 4, I received a message purportedly from Microsoft asking permission to update my system, which I gave. When I opened up my laptop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HamidRahman1, Dec 5, 2019.

1. How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or...

Yesterday, Dec 4, I received a message purportedly from Microsoft asking permission to update my system, which I gave.

When I opened up my laptop again today, there were those usual messages "installing update 30 of ..." or something along those lines.

Tonight, I have again received an onscreen message asking me to chose a time to update my system by clicking one of THREE possibilities: Now, Tomorrow, or Indicate what time...

My question is How to know that these messages and invitation to click here or there are NOT scams?

:)

HamidRahman1, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Dec 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is this a genuine message from MS?

Yes I would say they were genuine messages from Windows 10 Update . . . the issue occurred because you removed power from your system.

This has happened to many users who like you thought it was suspicious and bricked their systems by performing a hard shut down. I feel what is needed is probably a bit more notice of some sort from Windows Update so that users know it is a genuine update
    . . .

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or...

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or...

1. How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or... - Similar Threads - recognise whether messages

2. I am getting a desktop messages that says this copy of windows is not genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting a desktop messages that says this copy of windows is not genuine: And a window comes up that says I am not using genuine windows. This is not true as I have the Windows 7 Home Edition DVD with Product Key and have had it for years...
  3. Post your windows update history here click this i want to look it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post your windows update history here click this i want to look it: Post your windows update history here click this i want to look it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-your-windows-update-history-here-click-this-i/979f81d5-4dd8-421e-9a3c-9b78b86d3189
  4. Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message saying non genuine Windows after windows update: hi all I purchased Windows 10 Pro yesterday, went to install and the system hung so i rebooted. Tried to install again and i got an error saying my version of Windows was not a genuine product ? Whaaat !! Windows 10 Home came preinstalled with PC 2 yrs ago but i happen...
  5. asking whether iam running a genuine copy of window or not.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    asking whether iam running a genuine copy of window or not.: [ATTACH] iam sarvesh karthick . hello sir i just want to know that iam running a genuine copy of windows or it is pirated . i just installed this operating system this year so iam eager to know about my windows 10 operating . But it is functioning well i liked this...
  6. How to know if your windows copy is genuine ??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to know if your windows copy is genuine ??: I am having problems with my device. My windows is deactivated and whenever I try to activate it fails and show the error code 0x8007007B. I don't know what to do. I am having doubts that my windows copy might not be genuine. Is there any way to know if the windows is genuine...
  7. Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on...: Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0 This was a question asked in 2015 and 2016. Both threads are currently LOCKED. It is now 2019 and I have the same problem. The ANSWER contains a link that no longer works. I also tried deleting the two accounts and then adding them back...
  8. Click here to enter your most recent credentials message in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Click here to enter your most recent credentials message in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 keeps asking you for your most recent password and you see a message – Click here to enter your most recent password or credential, Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again, this is what you [...] This post Click here to enter your most recent...
  9. Click Here to enter your most recent credential

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Click Here to enter your most recent credential: I have searched everywhere for solutions on getting rid of the above message, from deleting my current account and setting up a new one, to a number of other solutions. But, with all that, I am still getting this message. I would like to continue with my Microsoft account...
  10. Click here to enter your most recent credential

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Click here to enter your most recent credential: I'm getting "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in again." I click, but nothing happens except that my desktop comes up. Anyone else seeing this? 4027

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messages saying to update windows 10