Windows 10: How to reconnect 3rd monitor?

Discus and support How to reconnect 3rd monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a third monitor, connected it, and a few weeks later I update my windows and now the monitor doesn’t get detected anymore. My second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LucasD4, Jun 10, 2020.

1. How to reconnect 3rd monitor?

I recently got a third monitor, connected it, and a few weeks later I update my windows and now the monitor doesn’t get detected anymore. My second monitor is just fine, but the third one will not get detected. Its on hdmi mode and connected to my graphics card. Can somebody help please?

submitted by /u/LucasD4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LucasD4, Jun 10, 2020

2. 3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 10, 2020
  3. 3rd Monitor

Hi Jack,

There are factors that we can consider which can be the cause of this issue. It could be either a hardware failure or system error.

We may need to perform some basic troubleshooting methods to further identify the exact cause and the correct resolution for this issue.

To check if the cable is working, kindly disconnect all monitors from your computer and only connect the one which is not working through DVI cable.

If it works, then the next step to do is to reconnect the other two monitors and see if your computer will recognize the two devices.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 10, 2020
  4. How to reconnect 3rd monitor?

Mouse cursor disapears on 3rd monitor

Thanks for your response Ramon. I was going through your questions and when I disconnected and reconnected the 3rd monitor the cursor started working! Don't know why I didn't think of that. Appreciate your help!

Pamela Harding, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

How to reconnect 3rd monitor?

1. How to reconnect 3rd monitor? - Similar Threads - reconnect 3rd monitor

2. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  3. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  4. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  6. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  7. connect 3rd monitor

connect 3rd monitor: My HP pavillion will not detect a 3rd monitor I connected to the USB-C port. Is there a way to detect / connect the 3rd monitor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-3rd-monitor/0066295f-0c2f-4cea-ab2d-02b4d88befd7
  8. How to reconnect 3rd monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reconnect 3rd monitor?: I recently got a third monitor, connected it, and a few weeks later I update my windows and now the monitor doesn’t get detected anymore. My second monitor is just fine, but the third one will not get detected. Its on hdmi mode and connected to my graphics card. Can somebody...
  9. 3rd monitor not detecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd monitor not detecting: Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card, The catalyst control centre and eyfinity is only detecting 2 screens as well, I have tried restarting my PC, Uplugging and...
  10. how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor

how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor: I was using win 7 with 3 monitors, extending desktop to second monitor and mirroring the second on the third monitor. I don't see how to do this in Win 10. Option not available?...