Windows 10: How to reconnect the File History for backup

Discus and support How to reconnect the File History for backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting a message "my File History drive is disconnected" how do i reconnect?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryMcGuire2, Dec 31, 2019.

1. How to reconnect the File History for backup

I keep getting a message "my File History drive is disconnected" how do i reconnect?

:)

MaryMcGuire2, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To stop file history using a drive, you can try the steps listed below.

Ideally, File History will save copies of your files every hour, so disconnecting and reconnecting the backup drive every hour would be a tedious task. However, if you still would like to go for it, you may try the steps listed
    below.

• Open Settings and go to Update & Security > Backup using File History.
    • Scroll down to Backup to a different drive
      and choose Stop using the drive to disconnect the drive.
    • Later, when you would like to reconnect, go to
      Settings
      >
      Update & security>
      Backup>
      Add a drive to reconnect the drive.

Additional Info: Use File History to backup and restore
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 31, 2019
  3. How do I reconnect my file history drive

Hi Mattie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if File History drive has been disconnected for too long.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to reconnect the File history drive.

Reconnect your File History drive:

• You’ll see this message if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long. If you’re backing up to an external drive (such as a USB drive), make sure that it’s connected to your PC. If you’re backing up to a network location, go to
      Settings > Update & security > Backup and reselect the network.
    • After you’ve reconnected, wait for the next scheduled backup or start a backup manually by selecting
      Settings > Update & security > Backup > More options > Back up now.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with reconnecting File History, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 31, 2019
  4. GaryBetty Win User

How to reconnect the File History for backup

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

How to reconnect the File History for backup

1. How to reconnect the File History for backup - Similar Threads - reconnect File History

2. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  3. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to "reconnect your File History drive".: I have a Dell windows 10 tower PC. It's about maybe 5 yrs old, it's warranty expired. It wasn't used for a wile. So now I've been getting this message to reconnect my file history drive. I finally tried to see if I can fix it. I clicked on 'stop using drive' under settings,...
  4. How to "reconnect your File History drive".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  6. How to merge to File History backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to merge to File History backups: When I switched from one windows 10 device to another, I moved all my files across, and brought across the same backup drive. However, due to user error I ended up with a whole new File History folder on my back up drive. So my question is how do I combine the two File...
  7. reconnect file history

reconnect file history: I have tried all the steps however som of them aren't for my version of windows which is version 2004 os build 19041.508 on an xps 7590 dell computer. I tried to back up my files to a seagate 1tbyte hard drive but once I disconnect it within a short time the pop up saying...
  8. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  9. How do I reconnect file history ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reconnect file history ?: How do I reconnect file history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reconnect-file-history/544c11a1-b430-404c-b7e7-fc3ea2e40516
  10. How to reconnect my file history drive?

How to reconnect my file history drive?: I need help to reconnect my file history drive, there is nothing wrong with the drive, it has lots of memory available. The problem with the drive is that the owner is not so smart sometimes and actually click the disconnect button in file history just to see what it did, yes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconnect file history