Windows 10: how to reconnect user home directory to user account

Discus and support how to reconnect user home directory to user account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edspyhill01_844, Jun 26, 2022.

1. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is there a howto I can access that will help me with this issue. Dell is no help, as usual.Ed T.

:)

edspyhill01_844, Jun 26, 2022

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 26, 2022
  4. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

how to reconnect user home directory to user account

1. how to reconnect user home directory to user account - Similar Threads - reconnect user home

2. How can I reconnect the users folder to my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reconnect the users folder to my account?: I made the mistake of trying to change the name of my users folder. When I try to log in now, my computer tells me I could not log in and I am redirected to a temporary account. Is my account completely corrupted, or should I be able to reconnect the user folder to my...
  3. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  4. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  5. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  6. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  7. How to copy a directory from a OneDrive user account to another OneDrive user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy a directory from a OneDrive user account to another OneDrive user account: My family purchased the Office 365 subscription with provision for six 6 1TB OneDrive user accounts. I am wanting to transfer my copy of the family photos to another family member. I don't want to download all the photos from my account and then upload them at 1/10th the...
  8. Wrong user ID for home directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong user ID for home directory: New Win10 computer. Install went fine but then checked my home directory. It should have been \Users\wxgeek instead it was \Users\wxgee. **** !!! Looks like it took only the first five letters of my email user name. After finding mentions of this problem is previous...
  9. Weird User Folder in Users Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird User Folder in Users Directory: I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this happening? If so, what caused it? Windows 10 - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 submitted by /u/e-_-v [link] [comments]...
  10. Active Directory User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Directory User Account: Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain, and I have tried to...