Windows 10: How to record 24/7 microphone audio?

Discus and support How to record 24/7 microphone audio? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I'd like to record the audio from my microphone 24/7 in part of 1 hour. I'd drop all the files on my NAS so I'd have a lot of storage. I did some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NextTechCanada, Nov 21, 2020.

1. How to record 24/7 microphone audio?

Hi

I'd like to record the audio from my microphone 24/7 in part of 1 hour. I'd drop all the files on my NAS so I'd have a lot of storage.

I did some reasearch on Internet but I can't find a way to mount a setup so that at bootup, the computer starts recording audio non stop.

Does any would have ideas?

Thanks a lot

submitted by /u/NextTechCanada
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NextTechCanada, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Nov 21, 2020
  4. How to record 24/7 microphone audio?

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

How to record 24/7 microphone audio?

1. How to record 24/7 microphone audio? - Similar Threads - record microphone audio

2. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  3. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  4. Microphone audio is only recording in the left channel!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone audio is only recording in the left channel!?: So I was told recently that the audio coming from my headset is only playing in their left channel. I verified the issue with the 'listen to device' feature in the device's properties. I recently switched from usb headset to 3.5mm. The 3.5mm jack is going through a splitter...
  5. Microphone audio is only recording in the left channel!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio is only recording in the left channel!?: So I was told recently that the audio coming from my headset is only playing in their left channel. I verified the issue with the 'listen to device' feature in the device's properties. I recently switched from usb headset to 3.5mm. The 3.5mm jack is going through a splitter...
  6. Microphone audio is only recording in the left channel!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. is there way to record 24 bit audio in windows 10?

is there way to record 24 bit audio in windows 10?: I am having trouble recording my music mixes to 24 bit, only thing i see is 16bit which is cd quality, 24 bit is hd quality at 48 khz and dvds is this technology and 32 bit sound at 96 khz is the next step which might be blu ray capable. multiple sound software i own is...
  8. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  9. Plug in Microphone not recording audio?

Plug in Microphone not recording audio?: i have a Microphone, it has a converter that puts it into a 3.5 mm two prong audio cable. When i plug it into my computer it wont record and is acting as the left audio channel, is there a way to fix this? maybe change the settings?...
  10. Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up

Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up: I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Whatever microphone I use, whether it's the built in mic, a Blu Yeti USB mic, or a mic going in through a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface, every time I boot up, the mic recording level is set to 24. It doesn't want to stay at what I...