Windows 10: How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D:

Discus and support How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wonder if these are all colluded behind the scene, it is really disgusting. I have been using a Western Digital My Cloud, which is connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CHANGAlan1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D:

I wonder if these are all colluded behind the scene, it is really disgusting.

I have been using a Western Digital My Cloud, which is connected to my WiFi Router, a Belkin router. All a sudden, the driver (WD My Cloud) on Windows 10 reported that no device found (in my network), no Western Digital support could be connected, they just don't answer any call, so I have to use drive D:, where again, Windows reported that there is not enough space to save the excel file I was working on.

I then copied 2 directories to C:\, then deleted them from D:. The Excel file saved well, but problem came. The files I relocated to C: had their "Date Created" (reported by Windows Explorer) all changed to today's, but I need to original "Date Created" for court case!

When I tried to restore the directories from the Recycle Bin, I found only one of them, which is not the one I need badly!!! Can anyone help? I really need that file and their original Date Created information to show the court, please help!

:)

CHANGAlan1, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 18, 2019
  3. recover deleted data???

That was the word on the street (so to speak) all the way back to the DOS days.
    Files are never really erased by the OS. Most every OS just marks the Directory entry for the file, that it was deleted. In the olden days, the filename "Mark.txt" would look like "?ark.txt".

PCTools had an undelete command in it's file manager. All you had to do was provide the first letter for a deleted file and PCTools would recover the file for you.

But if someone had deleted files and then did a defrag, well it was 99% certain that any deleted file was overwritten and gone forever.
    Many logs are written to during bootup and can overwrite deleted file space, so the less activity performed on a drive after file deletion, the better the chance of recovering those files.

I too would like to know the name of that recovery program. I have one tucked away someplace but right now I don't even remember the name of it.*Confused How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D: :confused:

Cheers Mates!
    The Shadow*Cool How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D: :cool:

TheShadowFL, Jan 18, 2019
  4. How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D:

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D:

1. How to recover a deleted directory on Drive D: - Similar Threads - recover deleted directory

2. How to recover folder from D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover folder from D drive?: Hello,suddenly files got deleted from D drive, with out deleting them and through error if we try to open from recent activity as "file location not found/". kindly please help how to recover....
  3. How to recover folder from D drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover folder from D drive?: Hello,suddenly files got deleted from D drive, with out deleting them and through error if we try to open from recent activity as "file location not found/". kindly please help how to recover....
  4. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  5. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  6. Mapping drive D to a directory

7. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering files on drive D: Hi, googling similar problems and watching vids of similar problems for about 5 hours and nothing works. When i open file explorer i literally see in frequent folders a folder from drive D, when i click it it says location is unavailable. Show hidden folders, change letter,...
  8. How do I recover a deleted file from drive d

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a deleted file from drive d: Please tell me how to recover deleted file from Drive d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-a-deleted-file-from-drive-d/43d91464-69bb-4e94-84e7-e84d389d2468
  9. How do I recover a deleted file from drive d

How do I recover a deleted file from drive d: Please tell me how to recover deleted file from Drive d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-a-deleted-file-from-drive-d/43d91464-69bb-4e94-84e7-e84d389d2468
  10. How to recover D drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to recover D drive?: I followed steps in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/d-drive-full-but-no-files-found/50db6b77-2f15-457f-8c34-182a682dd4ce to try to delete hidden files in the D drive. But then the drive disappeared. I want to take the D drive...