Windows 10: How to recover a deleted user profile ?

Discus and support How to recover a deleted user profile ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnonymousCat12345, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:12 AM.

1. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant find a way to revert all of them back to my previous state. If that is possible at all. I tried creating a new user and changed the registry values to point to the old user but it did not work. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

submitted by /u/AnonymousCat12345
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnonymousCat12345, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:12 AM

2. Recover deleted User Profile (Windows 7)

You have two options:

• Retrieve them from your external backup medium.
    • Use one of the many "undelete" tools that you will find with a Google search.

Frederik Long, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:17 AM
  3. Recover deleted User Profile (Windows 7)

Hello,

We had 100mb remaining on the C drive. Decided to clean up by removing profiles that aren't used on the computer anymore.

So we went it to Computer>Properties>Advance system setting>User profiles

We've noticed a 34gb "Account Unknown" registered on the list and we have also our regular user profile (11gb). We deleted the 34gb to free up space. However, as soon as we deleted the Account Unknown, most of our files (applications and
    documents etc) were also taken out (DELETED). It seems that those files were removed as well. When we checked the User profiles again, our regular user profile was reduced to
    12mb.

Not exactly sure what happen there, we've tried rebooting the pc but we're unable to recover anything.

Anyone knows how to recover files, apps, documents from a deleted User profile?

Will appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Franco LeoRamos, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:17 AM
  4. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

How to recover files of deleted Windows 10 User Account?

As what I said, the account was deleted and was not able to backup the files stored in that account. The two options doesn't work in this case. But thanks anyway.

Davy Ann Jean Benitez, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:17 AM
Thema:

How to recover a deleted user profile ?

1. How to recover a deleted user profile ? - Similar Threads - recover deleted user

2. Windows10 how to recover user from existing user profile under "C:\Users" directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 how to recover user from existing user profile under "C:\Users" directory?: My previous username contained non-ascii characters and caused some issues in certain software, so I tried to rename my account into another name(e.g., echo). But the folder name in C:\Users did not change... So I tried to 1. Activate administrator and rename the folder...
  3. How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete a User Profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is a wonderful operating system, and many of us can agree with that. However, there might come a time when to fix some problems, we have to delete the User Profile to set things straight again. Now, many [...] This post How to delete a User...
  4. Recover deleted user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recover deleted user: I have something similar to post I need to recover a deleted user account... While testing a new script I was writing, I forgot what profile I was in. The script adds a user and I told it to create an account with the name that I was in. There already was one, so I thought...
  5. I deleted or messed up my user account profile, how do I recover my profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted or messed up my user account profile, how do I recover my profile: I was tying to straighten out my user profiles and I deleted my main administrator profile. So sad. I have lost everything very scary. I am hesitant to do a restore because I have never done a restore on W 10. I have used recuva and I found the file and it was green...
  6. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...
  7. How to **TOTALLY** delete a User profile in Win 10

How to **TOTALLY** delete a User profile in Win 10: I wanted to remove my user profile and all its data and credentials from a machine I was handing over to AN Other. I know that, as usual in Windows, there is more than one way to kill a cat... ... so I used Control Panel/User Accounts (as main Admin user) and deleted User...
  8. can't delete old user profiles

can't delete old user profiles: help please i cant delete the old profile name in user/ folder microsoft tech support ruined it 85151
  9. Strange user profile; Not able to delete it

Strange user profile; Not able to delete it: Good evening! In August I bought a HP 15-AC170NB. (windows 10) The laptop was standing in the store for a couple months. I bought that one because it was the last. They have resetted the whole laptop, making it ready for me to use it. When I came home I began making my...
  10. Delete User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete User Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete User Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete User Profile of an Account in Windows 10 [img] Information When signs in to the new account for the first time. A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want...