Windows 10: How to recover a hacked microsoft account?

Discus and support How to recover a hacked microsoft account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I try to help a friend who'se Microsoft Account seems to have been hacked. The hacker has changed the "alternate email account" where Microsoft sends... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WLP-49, Apr 23, 2020.

1. WLP-49 Win User

How to recover a hacked microsoft account?

I try to help a friend who'se Microsoft Account seems to have been hacked. The hacker has changed the "alternate email account" where Microsoft sends codes etc. to something that looks like a email address at a Chinese ISP 126.com. The hacker has also changed the password and a lot of the other info that the Microsoft system uses to verify the identity of someone trying to reset the password birth date, contacts in email, ….

We cannot use the normal, automated, Microsoft procedure to reset the password because we cannot provide the "right" answers to the questions from the procedure the hacker has changed the "right" answers. We tried many other routes to come in contact with Microsoft, but all these routes lead, after many questions and automated suggestions, again to that same "password reset" automated procedure. It seems to be impossible to come into contact with a person from Microsoft rather that a dumm machine.

Because resetting the password in this case seems to be impossible, I want to abandon the existing but not accessible anymore Microsoft account and create a new one with a new name = a new "email address". But then I need to transfer the Office 365 license that is linked to that existing account from the old abandoned account to the newly created one. I can't find how to do that, and I can't find a way to ask how to do that.

Can anyone here explain what I can do to resolve this very annoying and very time consuming problem?

:)

WLP-49, Apr 23, 2020

2. Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Apr 23, 2020
  3. My Primary Microsoft account is hacked

Hi Duane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

As your Microsoft Account got hacked, I suggest you to refer to the below links and check if it helps:

My account has been hacked

How to recover your hacked Microsoft account

“I think my account has been hacked”

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 23, 2020
  4. JayTan08 Win User

Hacked Account - No way to get help from Microsoft

Hi MarcW74, my name is Jay. I'm an independent advisor. I'd be happy to help with your issue.

Please check the procedures on these Microsoft

Compromised Account Solution for XBOX - a step-by-step guide that will give you options whether you are able to access your account or not. Select the check or ex symbols depending on your situation to properly guide you on the next steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/my-account/secur...

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/10494/...

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask questions and keep me on track. I will keep working on this issue until it's resolved, thank you.

Regards,

Jay

JayTan08, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How to recover a hacked microsoft account? - Similar Threads - recover hacked microsoft

2. How do i recover a hacked/deleted microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i recover a hacked/deleted microsoft account: Hello, My laptop got hacked recently and i lost admin control. But with your help earlier i have fixed this problem. However the hacker has deleted my microsoft account with the email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . I have contacted you through your forms but...
  3. How to recover hacked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover hacked account: I was hacked on my other Microsoft account. I filled out the form but Microsoft doesn’t think that it’s actually my account. I have spent too much money on games through my Xbox. I have no idea how to get my progress back! Basically I tried to change my password but the code...
  4. How to recover hacked account

How to recover hacked account: I was hacked on my other Microsoft account. I filled out the form but Microsoft doesn’t think that it’s actually my account. I have spent too much money on games through my Xbox. I have no idea how to get my progress back! Basically I tried to change my password but the code...
  5. How to recover hacked account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How to recovered a hacked account

How to recovered a hacked account: Recently my account got hacked, change my account details passwords and stuff, but the only thing didn't change is my Gmail primary allies but i pretty sure its will change in few days what can I do to recovery it....
  7. How to recovered a hacked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recovered a hacked account: Recently my account got hacked, change my account details passwords and stuff, but the only thing didn't change is my Gmail primary allies but i pretty sure its will change in few days what can I do to recovery it....
  8. How to recovered a hacked account

9. Microsoft account hacked, can't recover

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account hacked, can't recover: Hi MicrosoftMy Microsoft account was hacked and the reset password email address was changed. I've been following your instructions to recover my account by submitting the restore account form. The form keeps being rejected. Your instructions say, "We recommend that you try...
  10. Recover Hacked Microsoft account

Recover Hacked Microsoft account: my main account has been hacked and i have had details changed and my password has been changed also to get a code the email address is not mine i only recieved any warning after it had be changed to say i had reset my password i then saw three seperate emails with codes to...