Windows 10: How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

Discus and support How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently been trying to use my old, broken laptop's larger and speedier drive to run Windows 10 on my desktop. After initially connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Runs_With_Scissors, Jan 20, 2020.

1. How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

Hello,

I've recently been trying to use my old, broken laptop's larger and speedier drive to run Windows 10 on my desktop. After initially connecting the drive to my PC to see what was on there via SATA E: Drive, I was able to interact with the files on it and run .exe applications without issue.

That being the case, I saw no reason why I shouldn't try to use it as my OS drive. I have since found those reasons. Moving on past my ignorance and negligence...

I ran chkdsk to remedy the corrupted files and bad sectors which remained on the E: drive and after waiting 24+ hours for the needed repairs and making sure I had a clean, formatted and partitioned drive with unallocated space, I attempted installing my Win 10 OS again. This time, I received a second error message. Something like "Windows was unable to install files on this drive", along with an error code. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that the likely solution would be to adjust the SATA settings to HTCI from the BIOS menu. Unfortunately, my PC is ancient and no such option was available without taking a shot in the dark chance that my BIOS could be updated through the PC OEM website to support HTCI .

But, I've come to terms with not having my OS installed on the larger, faster drive, although I still wanted to use it as storage space and if possible, virtual memory somehow?. I partitioned and formatted the drive again, but to my dismay, after restarting, I discovered my drive E: data had become raw. I've search all over the web for instructions on how to make the drive usable again. It is detected in file explorer, but I can't do anything until it's Windows friendly again.

I've found a lot of options with free data recovery software, but that drive's data is long gone and I have no interest in recovering it. I just want to use the drive again as extra space. Is there software made specifically to make the drive accessible again? Or perhaps a more direct way of returning it back into unallocated space? If I must use third party data recovery software, which should I use if all I need is my E drive back and recovering data is not a concern? Thanks for taking the time to read and I would be grateful for any feedback or suggestions!

P.S. I have posted a screenshot from Disk Management below. Hopefully it displays as intended and will be of some use

:)

Runs_With_Scissors, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Jan 20, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

DRDNA, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

1. How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed - Similar Threads - Recover Raw Drive

2. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  3. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  4. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker raw drive recover: I connected a new ssd to the computer, deleted the windows partition on the old hdd, and installed windows on the new ssd. Now the partition that was encrypted by bitlocker on my old hdd has become a raw partition. Tried many ways but it didn't work, how to bring it back my...
  5. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker raw drive recover: I connected a new ssd to the computer, deleted the windows partition on the old hdd, and installed windows on the new ssd. Now the partition that was encrypted by bitlocker on my old hdd has become a raw partition. Tried many ways but it didn't work, how to bring it back my...
  6. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive: I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube...
  8. I need to recover files from a raw hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to recover files from a raw hdd: I have a raw hdd and i need to recover all the data on it. Could you recommend me a data recovery program that makes a deep scan to the disk? Thank you submitted by /u/Rabahpro [link] [comments]...
  9. Recovering a "RAW" drive

Recovering a "RAW" drive: Ordinary 6TB HDD plugged into an external carrier, USB3 to the laptop. Worked fine. Had a situation where the power went off and on to the carrier several times and suddenly the HDD says it's NOT formatted, it's a 'RAW' drive. I don't want to recover the 250,000 or so files...
  10. Recover data from RAW disk?

Recover data from RAW disk?: Hello all! I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools. I've managed to run repair tools and get a command prompt, as diskpart says, my disk is on a raw partition now, and it shows the...