Windows 10: How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

Discus and support How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MOOAEYD, Aug 14, 2018.

1. MOOAEYD Win User

How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad?

full story:

I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that were written in Arabic are unreadable. (ANSI encoding bla bla bla. I had the problem before- when I upgraded to windows 10- and I know how to fix it but not exactly how)

So I try to solve it by saving the file as UTF-8, but by doing so I replaced the actual Arabic text with the gibberish that's showed representing Arabic language in ANSI encoding.
    I finally solved the issue and found out the stupid thing I've done.

I opened the file in word to try several other encodings but... no luck. it's not Arabic anymore.

the file is very important to me, hence why I'm here.

I did replace the original file several times, and I, also, restarted my PC several times. I hope that doesn't decrease the possiablilty of recovering the original file.

specs:

Windows 10

I7

RAM8

SSD (windows is)

HDD (file is here)

z170 extreme 4

:)

MOOAEYD, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Aug 14, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Ehstii Win User

Recovering quickbook files??

would anyone here happen to know how to recover quickbook files?

i have a customers computer here at my shop and their laptop is shot. needs a new motherboard. they dont want to replace it but they need to save their quickbooks information becuase they run their whole restaurant business off of it. so anyway i was wondering if anyone knew how to recover any of these files. i have it plugged in externally to my PC and cant locate anything.

is there a program or anything that i can do to get these files.
    i cant find any backup, .qbb, or .qbw files.

any ideas would be nice!

Ehstii, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ) - Similar Threads - recover replaced notepad

2. How to recover unsaved notepad files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover unsaved notepad files?: I had a notepad file that I've been adding to and saving all that while. Until today, when I clicked out of it without saving the latest version. How do I recover what was written on it? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :...
  3. How to recover unsaved notepad files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover unsaved notepad files?: I had a notepad file that I've been adding to and saving all that while. Until today, when I clicked out of it without saving the latest version. How do I recover what was written on it? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :...
  4. how recover unsaved file in notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how recover unsaved file in notepad: my laptop automatically turned off and my file was gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-unsaved-file-in-notepad/dc392907-f29e-4d06-a07e-a6e0479e6f94
  5. how recover unsaved file in notepad

how recover unsaved file in notepad: my laptop automatically turned off and my file was gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-unsaved-file-in-notepad/dc392907-f29e-4d06-a07e-a6e0479e6f94
  6. how recover unsaved file in notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Recover Unsaved Notepad Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Unsaved Notepad Files: I had about three Notepad files open on my laptop with lots of random notes for work, then my laptop went blue screen "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." and I lost everything. I've tried looking in the %appdata% folder for .txt files and all I can see are...
  8. Recover Unsaved Notepad Files

Recover Unsaved Notepad Files: I had about three Notepad files open on my laptop with lots of random notes for work, then my laptop went blue screen "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." and I lost everything. I've tried looking in the %appdata% folder for .txt files and all I can see are...
  9. Replace user folder with recovered files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace user folder with recovered files: My hard drive failed recently and I now have a new one. I was able to recover files from that hard drive but my last image back up was over a year ago in 2018. I have now restored my computer to the image back up in 2018 but I want to update all the files I have from my old...
  10. Recover a notepad file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover a notepad file?: How do I recover a notepad file that I saved with info from another file (overwritten)? My pc works at warp speed, especially the touchpad. I went to save a new file but the contents were accidentally saved into a totally different file. overwriting the original content....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get back the saved file which replaced in notepad

2. lost what i had on notepad today about 2:30 pm

3. i accidentally replaced a notepad file. i need to do the replace and get my old

4. how to restore replaced document in notepad,
  5. i accidentally replaced a notepad file,
  6. how to get back notepad replaced,
  7. hpw tp retrieve a replaced notepad file