Windows 10: How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help! I think I'm in big trouble. I was trying to tweak my Windows 10 so that it won't ask me for password or passcode. So I did some research online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by midibear, Oct 1, 2020.

1. midibear Win User

How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?

Help! I think I'm in big trouble.

I was trying to tweak my Windows 10 so that it won't ask me for password or passcode. So I did some research online (google) and learned that the "Windows + R" key with "netplwiz" command (and uncheck the "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox would do the trick.

Somehow during this process, I think I accidentally delete (Removed) my own admin user account (username [email protected], and the Group was Administrators) which I used to login to Windows 10. Luckily, I didn't turn off or reboot the PC right away, so I'm still logged in under the [email protected] as Administrator on this PC. I also have a 2nd account (wife's) which used to be "Standard User" Group. I then upgraded that account to be "Administrator" group (just in case). I also learned that I might be able to do "net user administrator /active:yes" so I did that, so now without reboot, I have two "Administrators" accounts (one with User Name "[email protected]" and the other with User Name "Administrator")..

Without rebooting, I'm able to switch to my wife's [email protected] account under Windows 10, but I don't know how I can restore my own original Windows 10 "admin" account (associated with [email protected] as user name). I also tried to restore my Windows 10 to a previous "restore point" but that didn't work - as I don't have a working restore point. Any thoughts about how I may be able to restore my previous admin account associated with [email protected]? Thanks!

I'm using Windows 10 Home, with 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041.

:)

midibear, Oct 1, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 1, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 1, 2020
  4. How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?

Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?

1. How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - recover accidentally deleted

2. accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?: So, I made a mistake and mistakenly deleted one of my accounts, which resulted in the loss of some crucial files. Is there any chance I can recover those files? I'm looking for help on this, and I'm open to any suggestions, otherwise I'll have to go on and produce a known...
  3. accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?: So, I made a mistake and mistakenly deleted one of my accounts, which resulted in the loss of some crucial files. Is there any chance I can recover those files? I'm looking for help on this, and I'm open to any suggestions, otherwise I'll have to go on and produce a known...
  4. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  5. Accidentally deleted admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted admin user: So it seems I deleted the admin user from my Dell computer running windows 10 pro after making the other one admin. or so I thought. Now when needing to do anything that requires admin permissions I don't get a Yes or no pop-up window, I get just the "no" option. I can't even...
  6. Accidentally deleted admin user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, a user profile is an account you use to sign in […] This article How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to recover accidentally deleted Admin user account in Windows 10?: Help! I think I'm in big trouble. I was trying to tweak my Windows 10 so that it won't ask me for password or passcode. So I did some research online (google) and learned that the "Windows + R" key with "netplwiz" command (and uncheck the "users must enter a user name and...
  9. how to recover device that was accidentally deleted from account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to recover device that was accidentally deleted from account: so i accidentally deleted my main computer from my account, and after a hardware change, i was asked to reactivate windows. i tried to use my Microsoft account but then i was unable to reactivate since device was accidentally deleted. is there any way i can recover my device...
  10. How to recover deleted Admin account lost accidentally while setup of new system

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to recover deleted Admin account lost accidentally while setup of new system: I thought I had previously posted this issue, but perhaps not. Trying again. While setting up/configuring Win10 on new Lenovo desktop PC, I accidentally disabled/deleted my Administrator account. Now I can open only a few user files and cannot make system changes which...