Windows 10: How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Discus and support How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 Sticky Notes uses a database to store all the data of a Sticky Note. If you get access to the database, you can […] This article... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10

WinClub, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Sticky Notes

Hi there,

I can understand the frustration - let's see if we can fix this for you!

Let's try a couple of steps:

Step 1: Recover Missing Sticky Notes from the File Location

When you accidentally delete a sticky note, the app data is still there. We can restore deleted sticky notes from a StickyNotes.snt file.

Open File Explorer on Windows, navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

Find and right click on StickyNotes.snt file.

Select Restore Previous Versions.

Step 2: Recover Closed Sticky Notes from All Notes.

Open Sticky Notes app.

Right click on Sticky Notes app on Task bar, then choose All notes.

A full list of notes will appear, including the one that you closed.

Double click the note that you want to recover, then it will display as a standalone note like all regular ones.

The above was copied verbatim from this link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Rick2021, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Hi,

I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this

C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes

and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist. Like anywhere. I have looked in a bunch of folders and nothing.

Please help.

OliviaSavage, Apr 9, 2020
  4. [Suejin] Win User

Sticky Notes

Hello dhoward1,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I'm sorry to hear that you accidentally deleted a sticky note.

Unfortunately a deleted sticky note can no longer be restored. Perhaps you might have just close the note instead? Try checking the Sticky Notes list if it's still there.

To check, on an open Sticky note, click the 3 dots on the upper right then select Notes List. You will see all active Sticky Notes that you have.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to recover accidentally deleted Sticky Notes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - recover accidentally deleted

2. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  3. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.: I tried finding sticky notes folder in appdata>local>microsoft but it is not there.I tried the plum file but didn't help. And the worst thing I wasn't signed up at that time....
  4. I accidentally deleted one of my sticky note.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sticky Notes Recover

Sticky Notes Recover: Dear All, Can anyone help me to get sticky notes. Issue - I have updated my windows 8 without taking backup of sticky notes and now I remember there were some important details. Nothing has deleted by the system nor by me. Please help and let me know the possible way to...
  6. Recover Sticky Notes

Recover Sticky Notes: Hi! I've formatted the computer and reistalled Windows. Is there any way that I can recover Sticky Notes from the previous installation? I didn't synch them. Thanks and stay safe...
  7. How to recover lost/deleted Sticky Notes.

How to recover lost/deleted Sticky Notes.: Suddenly I have lost some Sticky Notes. How to recover them? ***Original title: Lost Sticky Note*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lostdeleted-sticky-notes/59d46d7e-b9f2-42b4-89cf-9ae1c0a77c74
  8. Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note

Finding an accidentally deleted Sticky Note: Hi, I accidentally deleted a sticky note and I had apparently disabled the permission before delete feature. I tried this – C:\Users\[Windows Userame]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes and Windows + R with Sticky Notes but the Sticky Notes folder does not exist....
  9. How to recover lost sticky notes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover lost sticky notes.: My sticky note vanished. I have figured out where the files reside, however I have not discovered which file actually stores the info. What I do know is that .SQLite does not change with the addition of notes. I tried to restore the old notes from an image and managed to get...
  10. Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my sticky notes deleted when i changed email password

2. sticky notes windows 10 missing

3. how to recover yellow sticky notes