Windows 10: How to recover an overwritten text document

Discus and support How to recover an overwritten text document in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was updating my desktop folder where I kept an important text document file and I accidently over wrote it with an older file which was not updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kufr, Nov 13, 2020.

1. kufr Win User

How to recover an overwritten text document

I was updating my desktop folder where I kept an important text document file and I accidently over wrote it with an older file which was not updating and was from 2016. I had a lot of important text from the past 4 years in the text document file. Is there any way I can restore that file I tried the previous version option in properties option. It says that there are no previous versions available.

Also tried system restore and Recuva but the file was not recovered. Can anyone tell me how can I get that over written file back please.

:)

2. jgunning Win User

Recovering corrupt word documents

Thank you so much..I have tried the program..and it says it saves the recovered text.and when i go to the output file the document is empty.. =(

I think the student will just have to accept the enevitable..:\

jgunning, Nov 13, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Nov 13, 2020
  4. How to recover an overwritten text document

.Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

How to recover an overwritten text document

1. How to recover an overwritten text document - Similar Threads - recover overwritten text

2. How to recover shift deleted and overwritten files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover shift deleted and overwritten files: Hi I deleted a game folder with it's everything in it and I want to recover it but I optimized my drive via properties and it's probably overwritten by smt else. How to recover it ?? It's size was around 70 GBs. and I didn't install or do anything in my drive just deleted it...
  3. How to recover shift deleted and overwritten files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover shift deleted and overwritten files: Hi I deleted a game folder with it's everything in it and I want to recover it but I optimized my drive via properties and it's probably overwritten by smt else. How to recover it ?? It's size was around 70 GBs. and I didn't install or do anything in my drive just deleted it...
  4. How to recover shift deleted and overwritten files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to recover overwritten files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  6. How to recover overwritten files

How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  7. How to recover overwritten word document

How to recover overwritten word document: How to recover overwritten word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-overwritten-word-document/e886ffe2-d023-4755-a4e6-6279d60b4614
  8. How to recover overwritten word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover overwritten word document: How to recover overwritten word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-overwritten-word-document/e886ffe2-d023-4755-a4e6-6279d60b4614
  9. How to recover overwritten word document

10. How to recover overwritten files?

How to recover overwritten files?: 54hrs of game progress was overwritten by the steam cloud last night. Everywhere I look they say "restore previous version" but when I try to do so the files claim there are no previous versions to restore - even though that is clearly not the case. I need to know if there is...