Windows 10: how to recover data after reformatting

Discus and support how to recover data after reformatting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; good day I just wanted to ask how will I find my data. I reset my laptop (Windows 10), then I clicked don't delete my files, so the apps would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shawna CirceTigno, Oct 11, 2018.

1. how to recover data after reformatting

good day

I just wanted to ask how will I find my data. I reset my laptop (Windows 10), then I clicked don't delete my files, so the apps would be deleted. and now, how can I recover my apps like Microsoft Office Suite? I'm waiting for your reply. thank you

:)

Shawna CirceTigno, Oct 11, 2018

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Recover or Reformat?

Norton Ghost?

I am sorry.. I have no idea what that is.. I am pretty green I'm afraid.

I wasn't trying to recover any files.. I wanted to format a new drive in an old computer.. The old drive died.

I did what Namslas90 said but then when I got to the next step .. and hit enter.. nothing happened.. sigh...

Anyway.. I am waiting on the next step.. Thank you for your input ...

Kymberly_S, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Bo$$ Win User

how to recover data after reformatting

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Thema:

how to recover data after reformatting

1. how to recover data after reformatting - Similar Threads - recover data reformatting

2. How to recover data after reinstall the windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover data after reinstall the windows: I reinstalled my windows today so stupid! and lost all my data. The weird thing is that after I installed the windows, the data was still in the windows.old folder. But all data and files in the folder was gone on the second day I didn't restart it before I made a copy. Does...
  3. How to recover data after reinstall the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover data after reinstall the windows: I reinstalled my windows today so stupid! and lost all my data. The weird thing is that after I installed the windows, the data was still in the windows.old folder. But all data and files in the folder was gone on the second day I didn't restart it before I made a copy. Does...
  4. How to recover data after reinstall the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to recover data after firmware updates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover data after firmware updates ?: Today I opened my laptop and installed some windows updates along with optional updates which included some software component updates and firmware update 15.43.0.0 by HP and after that, I just restarted my hp laptop. It started showing that it is updating the BIOS and then...
  6. How to recover data after firmware updates ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover data after firmware updates ?: Today I opened my laptop and installed some windows updates along with optional updates which included some software component updates and firmware update 15.43.0.0 by HP and after that, I just restarted my hp laptop. It started showing that it is updating the BIOS and then...
  7. Recover Data after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Data after reinstalling Windows.: Recently , to upgrade my windows 10 build to latest build , I downloaded iso file and booted to sandisk. I try to install it on my SSD which have the previous windows installed. So I formated and when I try install on it, GPT partition style error occures.Then using cmd...
  8. I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?: My previous post got removed because no flair but it won’t let me add it for some reason. My laptop has two drives. They are both SSD’s, one is my C Drive which has all my main programs and whatnot while on my H Drive I had all my images, documents, games, etc. I tried a...
  9. Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?: I upgraded to Windows10 from WIndows7 sometime ago and have just kept cloning my hard drive whenever I needed a drive upgrade. I've ended up with a 2T NTFS drive with Windows10 that has a messed up boot record and also won't update the OS. I'm thinking I need to (or should)...
  10. Data Lost! How to recover?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Lost! How to recover?: I have recently upgrade my Windows 10 to 18309 pre build my photos of one folder have been lost not opening But all files are there! Only not opening Video shoing this error 0x80004005 and photos shhows"we are unable to open this file! Space is also full but only files are...