Windows 10: How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?

Discus and support How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was encrypting my external HDD using Bitlocker. At about 50%, the cable got unplugged. When I connected the HDD again, it says the drive is locked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hassan Mahfooz, May 26, 2021.

1. How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?

I was encrypting my external HDD using Bitlocker. At about 50%, the cable got unplugged. When I connected the HDD again, it says the drive is locked. When I enter the password, it does not accept. When I use the recovery key, it does not accept it as well. Bitlocker has corrupted my HDD and years of data. I&n

:)

Hassan Mahfooz, May 26, 2021

2. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

I don't believe there is a way of doing this, that's the point of encryption to prevent this sort of activity. If you have no way of getting the key I would suggest restore from backups.

MarkInKent, May 26, 2021
  3. ن٢يف Win User
    how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

Hi. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

Is there any chance so far!!

Thanks

ن٢يف, May 26, 2021
  4. How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?

Error in recovering HD

"Find my BitLocker recovery key"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b-aa71c00ea55e/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

How to Unlock a Windows 7 Computer Locked by BitLocker Drive Encryption

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ption-unlock-locked-data-removable-drive.html

If none of that helps you, the Data is lost.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, May 26, 2021
Thema:

How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD?

1. How to recover data from a BitLocker Encrypted External HD? - Similar Threads - recover data BitLocker

2. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  3. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  4. how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD: Hi,I bought a new PC with windows Home on it. As I first opened the Pc, the windows started asking for new updates so I let it do it. I had an SSD that I was using on another PC to boot from. I put it in an enclosure and I wanted to use it as an external drive to get my old...
  5. how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD: Hi,I bought a new PC with windows Home on it. As I first opened the Pc, the windows started asking for new updates so I let it do it. I had an SSD that I was using on another PC to boot from. I put it in an enclosure and I wanted to use it as an external drive to get my old...
  6. how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recover data, external HD fatal error?: I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen...
  8. recover data, external HD fatal error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover data, external HD fatal error?: I have an external hard drive that I use to store my homework, and it stopped working yesterday. I've looked up a bunch of tips online, such as how to add a drive letter, update drivers, and even downloaded a few programs to try to recover the data. The disk management screen...
  9. recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?: submitted by /u/Hamm103 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjra4n/recovering_data_from_bitlocker_encrypted_drive/
  10. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?: Hi. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key? Is there any chance so far!! Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-data-from-bitlocker-encrypted-drive/30b23ce4-f79d-4d29-aac3-fcbe0a18e224"