Windows 10: how to recover encrypted files on new windows 10 os?

Discus and support how to recover encrypted files on new windows 10 os? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have the following problem: Due to problems with the Windows 1809 Update, I had to completly reinstall my Windows 10. On my old Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by user852381, Apr 12, 2019.

1. how to recover encrypted files on new windows 10 os?

Hello,

I have the following problem: Due to problems with the Windows 1809 Update, I had to completly reinstall my Windows 10. On my old Windows 10 OS, I had some files which I encrypted (right-click on file -> properties -> advanced -> encrypt contents to secure data). I have a whole backup of the encrypted files and my old C: drive, but I forgot to decrypt them. Is it possible to decrypt them now ? I think I have to import some keys which are stored on the old C: drive, but I don't know how to do that or if it's the right way at all.

thanks for any help

[moved to English language forums]

:)

user852381, Apr 12, 2019

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 12, 2019
  3. How to open recovered encrypted files

Hi Navid,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

You can lose access to encrypted files if you install a new operating system or upgrade your current one, or if your current operating system fails. The following steps can help you regain access to encrypted files.

As you have stated that, the recovered files belonged to the previous OS I would suggest that you transfer the encrypted files to an external drive and perform the steps mentioned below:

• Insert the USB that your certificate and key are saved on.
    • Open Certificate Manager open Run Command and type
      certmgr.msc
      in the dialog box, and then press Enter.‌

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, click Personal.

• Click the Action menu, point to All Tasks, and then click
      Import. This opens the Certificate Import wizard
      and then click Next.
    • Click Browse and navigate to the file's location, click
      Open, and then click Next.
    • If you have navigated to the right location but don't see the certificate you are importing, then, in the list next to the
      File name box, click Personal Information Exchange.
    • Type the password, select the Mark this key as exportable check box, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Place all certificates in the following store, confirm that the
      Personal store is indicated, click Next, and then click
      Finish.
    • After you import the certificate, you should have access to the encrypted files.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

how to recover encrypted files on new windows 10 os?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

how to recover encrypted files on new windows 10 os?

1. how to recover encrypted files on new windows 10 os? - Similar Threads - recover encrypted files

2. Recovering EFS encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering EFS encrypted files?: My Windows Laptop recently was damaged and I've had to replace it with a new similar machine. I am trying to recover some files from the original broken machine which are unfortunately not recently backed-up. Since the SSD C: drive from the old machine is undamaged and fully...
  3. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?: how to remove ransomewares?How to decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-ransomeware-encrypted-files/e7beee25-34f7-4ef1-8d45-e846e35763d4
  4. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?: how to remove ransomewares?How to decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-ransomeware-encrypted-files/e7beee25-34f7-4ef1-8d45-e846e35763d4
  5. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  7. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  8. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Recovering encrypted files after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering encrypted files after OS reinstall: I encrypted a drive with my Microsoft account and now I am locked out. I can't recover the key to unlock my OS either. If I reinstall the operating system will I be able to recover the encrypted drive with the same password?...
  10. recovering encrypted file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recovering encrypted file: My PC was attacked by .coot ransomware, which encrypted all of my files. Is there any way to recover the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/recovering-encrypted-file/2af2e310-cfcb-4cdb-8321-ac4cb1d0fb3e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 open recovered encrypted directory with certificate