Windows 10: how to recover events deleted from event viewer

Discus and support how to recover events deleted from event viewer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I mistakenly deleted events from event viewer "Clear log..." utility I have not a backup second mistake do you know if they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AleMadama, Apr 15, 2021.

1. AleMadama Win User

how to recover events deleted from event viewer

Hi all,

I mistakenly deleted events from event viewer "Clear log..." utility

I have not a backup second mistake

do you know if they are permanently deleted or is there a chance to recover them? a kind of bin?

thanks

Ale

:)

AleMadama, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Can individual events in Event Viewer be deleted/recovered?

I learnt how to check Event Viewer logs to detect my kids using the computer outside of their alloted times.

Now I'm thinking: what if they're deleting individual events? (I know they're not deleting whole logs as that's easy to detect), they know how to google for these easy hacks, that's my concern.

How can I know if they've deleted an event? Could I recover it?

The events I'm interested in are these:
    4624 sign in LogonType 7
    4625 unsuccessful sign in
    4634 sign out LogonType 2
    4800 locked
    4801 unlocked
    SYSTEM:
    6005 started
    6006 shut down
    6008 dirty/improper shutdown (seems to be the next start after a dirty shutdown and maybe preceeded by a gap of time, to be confirmed) shows message when the dirty took place.

Any help much appreciated *092

antonio3535, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Can individual events in Event Viewer be deleted/recovered?

Hey antonio3535,
    No you can't delete individual events using the Event Viewer GUI.

Eagle51, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. how to recover events deleted from event viewer - Similar Threads - recover events deleted

2. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 14. 11. 2023 19:34:18 Event ID: 129 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-K4FLHO8 Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event Xml:...
  3. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  6. Can event viewer events be easily deleted (by teens)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can event viewer events be easily deleted (by teens)?: I'm using Event Viewer in Windows 10 to control my kids screen time. One of my kids (14yo) is a bit too tech savvy so I wonder if he may have googled for a way to delete entries (such as 4634 sign out LogonType 2 just to give an example). I guess this needs too much knowledge...
  7. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event Viewer: Hi. I'm trying to tackle and understand the mysterious EV. IDs are nonexistent or vague. The wording sometimes make sense sometimes, I don't have access to the PC with the error logs. I'm trying to understand without the access. Hope this makes sense. Questions?...
  8. Can individual events in Event Viewer be deleted/recovered?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can individual events in Event Viewer be deleted/recovered?: I learnt how to check Event Viewer logs to detect my kids using the computer outside of their alloted times. Now I'm thinking: what if they're deleting individual events? (I know they're not deleting whole logs as that's easy to detect), they know how to google for these...
  9. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. استرجاع event محذوفة من ال event viwer

2. event viewer windows 10 erased by another event viewer