Windows 10: How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10

Discus and support How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10 . the computer is recognizing the HDD with a Drive Letter but display error "not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by in-a-jam, Mar 11, 2021.

1. in-a-jam Win User

How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10

How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10 . the computer is recognizing the HDD with a Drive Letter but display error "not accessable" and ask for it to be reformatted.

:)

in-a-jam, Mar 11, 2021

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10

1. How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10 - Similar Threads - recover files external

2. Recover files from 2TB external hard drive Installation Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover files from 2TB external hard drive Installation Media: I loaded the Microsoft installation media ISO onto a 2 TB external hard drive. At first the original storage capacity wasn't shown correctly. For example, the drive was showing 300 GB available after finishing the Windows 10 install on another PC. After formatting the...
  3. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  4. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  5. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Recovering hard disk drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering hard disk drives: I recently performed the media-creation process for Windows 10 on my hard disk drive by accidentI had a USB plugged in at the same time and I messed up the names. There's over 900+ gigabytes of files and folders in there that's extremely important to me. I have tried the...
  7. Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk: Hi, Need urgent support. My laptop which i had installed Windows 10 original and key is dead/ I have lost my CD and the cover too. Since the laptop is not switching ON and not working, i rem0ved the Hard Disk. so now i have that Hard drive as an External Disk. But how can i...
  8. Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive

Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive: Hi there. Since my desk top PC, running Windows 10, started misbehaving a couple of years ago I've been using a laptop for day to day work. I've given up on the old desktop and now want to recover various files - music, photos and Office documents from the 1TB WD Elements...
  9. How to *RECOVER* DELETED files from hard-drive

How to *RECOVER* DELETED files from hard-drive: Hi all, Accidentally ran the following command prompt, the purge switch seems removed all my files a level up on folder, robocopy D:\X-folder G:\Y-folder\ /s /purge /xj /np /tee /r:0 /w:0 /mt:32 /xf desktop.ini /log:logbkup_x240_downloads.txt Any suggestion for recovery...
  10. how to recover external hard drive from windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    how to recover external hard drive from windows 10: I accidentally downloaded windows10 OS to my 1TB external hard drive, it formatted my hard drive and deleted all my important data. I have been reading some old thread related to this subject. follow as suggested to used MiniTool to scan the hard drive. the result came out...