Windows 10: how to recover files from previous windows version backups

Discus and support how to recover files from previous windows version backups in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need to recover some files from old backups made on windows 7 or older and I am using windows 10 now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ramon Noriega, Oct 15, 2019.

1. how to recover files from previous windows version backups

Need to recover some files from old backups made on windows 7 or older and I am using windows 10 now.

:)

Ramon Noriega, Oct 15, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Recovering Lost Files

Hi, Shaun.

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information below:

Can you find the files now, if you go to windows.old?

I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check you can find the files and folder that you have lost. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version. Previous versions are copies of files
    and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point. Previous versions are sometimes referred to as shadow copies.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Macazine Win User

how to recover files from previous windows version backups

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

how to recover files from previous windows version backups

1. how to recover files from previous windows version backups - Similar Threads - recover files previous

2. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  3. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  4. How to prevent restoring previous versions of files from backups in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent restoring previous versions of files from backups in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent Other users from restoring previous versions of files from […] This article How to prevent restoring previous versions of files from backups in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop: I would like to recover a previous Windows 10 backup to a new computer after setting up exactly the same account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-a-backup-from-a-previous-computer-to-a/2b003b26-2f80-4e12-9e7e-4310e62c7f31
  6. backup or restore previous version of window os

backup or restore previous version of window os: Hey I format my windows 7 and install windows 10 but a huge mistake by me that i forgot about my e drive bitlocker password which i saved in windows 7 c drive so please somebody help me to recover my important files....
  7. Recovering backup files

Recovering backup files: 1TB computer started with Windows 7. Last September Microsoft second level technician had to do a custom instal of Windows 10 to fix problems. Immediately made system repair disk and backed up files to an external 1TB hard drive. Recently computer's Hard Drive warned of...
  8. Files Decryption after backuping documents from previous Win version.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files Decryption after backuping documents from previous Win version.: Nowadays I'm on 10 Pro. All of my documents, that I copied from previous Windows to separate hard drive, becamed Encrypted. I'm 1000% sure, that I didn't do it by my hand. But now, I can't use them, read or write - doesnt matter. I didnt have any encryption keys, cause I...
  9. How to access user files from previous computer's backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to access user files from previous computer's backup: Hello All, Now that I'm on Windows 10 I found I have the need to access user files from an old backup when this machine was Windows 7. The Macrium backup gives me everything I need with the exception of the ability to view/access my prior user files. Can someone point me...
  10. Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored: I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10 after some issues I was having with the PC. The clean install went successfully with no errors along the way. Now, however, I am trying to restore files from the backup I made prior to the clean install. If I look on...