Windows 10: How to recover files that lost after an update

Discus and support How to recover files that lost after an update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently had a windows update on my system & after that update I lost my few important files. Is there any way to recover the lost files?? 140333 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abby1991, Sep 11, 2019.

1. abby1991 Win User

How to recover files that lost after an update

I recently had a windows update on my system & after that update I lost my few important files. Is there any way to recover the lost files??

:)

abby1991, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Sep 11, 2019
  4. figgirigh Win User

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to recover files that lost after an update - Similar Threads - recover files lost

2. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  3. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  4. how to recover lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover lost files and folders: Lost a folder in my aux hard drive in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lost-files-and-folders/e6d2cf31-a8b8-436d-8766-56bbc4faabc0
  5. how to recover lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover lost files and folders: Lost a folder in my aux hard drive in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lost-files-and-folders/e6d2cf31-a8b8-436d-8766-56bbc4faabc0
  6. how to recover lost files and folders

7. how to recover lost files

how to recover lost files: so i recently took over my moms computer and accidently deleted her admin account. So what happened was she got this computer from a company called tencent, so her account was directly linked to tencent. But i needed this computer for school and it was set in chinese, so I...
  8. how to recover lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover lost files: so i recently took over my moms computer and accidently deleted her admin account. So what happened was she got this computer from a company called tencent, so her account was directly linked to tencent. But i needed this computer for school and it was set in chinese, so I...
  9. how to recover lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Recover Lost Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Lost Files: How can I recover lost files? I am getting VERY tired of Microsoft's updates breaking my computer, which they have done twice in the last month. And this is not the first time, either. This time, after updating, it deleted files on my desk top, removed icons, and I had to...