Windows 10: How to recover important folders?

Discus and support How to recover important folders? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello every one, i need some help regarding the issue i am facing from last night. I was working in a folder, from some days and used to save dox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shah90, Mar 5, 2020.

1. shah90 Win User

How to recover important folders?

Hello every one,
    i need some help regarding the issue i am facing from last night.
    I was working in a folder, from some days and used to save dox, pdf, jpg, png files in that. The next morning i sat on my computer and suddenly i saw the folder doesn't exist on the desktop. God knows i have deleted it accidentally or where ever it gone, dont know.
    However i googled folder recovery; i gone through hidden files procedure, and data recovery software e.g mini tool and steller data recovery. but havent seen the folder name..
    please suggest me a suitable method . thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have posted a picture a search picture. that is the folder name. while search ends it shows that message

:)

shah90, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to recover important folders? - Similar Threads - recover important folders

2. how to recover lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover lost files and folders: Lost a folder in my aux hard drive in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lost-files-and-folders/e6d2cf31-a8b8-436d-8766-56bbc4faabc0
  3. how to recover lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover lost files and folders: Lost a folder in my aux hard drive in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lost-files-and-folders/e6d2cf31-a8b8-436d-8766-56bbc4faabc0
  4. Recovering Folders

Recovering Folders: Earlier today I accidentally completely deleted 3 important folders. I emptied my recycling bin before realizing what I did. I tried to restore my PC to a previous time, but that only restored programs rather than programs and files. I also checked my file history using file...
  5. How to recover a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a folder: Hi, After several decades of using computers, it finally happened to me. I have deleted a folder inadvertently on my Windows 10 X64. Unfortunately, my backup data is a few days old and I had updates around 20 files in that folder. The folder contains over 1400 files and I...
  6. Is this folder important?

Is this folder important?: As I was cleaning my desktop today, I noticed a folder that was seemingly empty. I could only find 3 files but when I went to delete it, it was nearly 8 gigabytes in size! [ATTACH] I checked to see if there were any hidden folders, and surely enough there were a hundred...
  7. How to recover deleted documents folder?

How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...
  8. How to recover a deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a deleted folder?: How do I recover a deleted folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-a-deleted-folder/e23e177c-a6d2-47f3-8baa-3a0decbc8bba
  9. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  10. Folder disappeared - How to recover

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder disappeared - How to recover: Hi, I have 4 partitions in my 2 TB HDD, and in one partition i have some files and folder named movies. Two days ago the movies folder disappeared which is about 540 GB. In the properties still it shows as space used but there are only files for 28 gb. Is there any way i...