Windows 10: How to recover my computer from the last update

Discus and support How to recover my computer from the last update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last night windows did a big update, this morning when I woke I turned on my computer to find everything gone. All my folders from my desktop are gone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryBrazeau, Feb 10, 2019.

1. How to recover my computer from the last update

Last night windows did a big update, this morning when I woke I turned on my computer to find everything gone. All my folders from my desktop are gone - 19 years of my own genealogy - pictures I can not get again as my mother and father are DEAD, as well as others peoples genealogy I have been working on all my passwords gone from credential manager gone! All of my bookmarks and history gone (I use google chrome) All of the apps changed & some gone Skype no longer works will not open or uninstall! I went to system restore to restore my computer to before the update it says there are no restore points! I have not tried recovery. I would like my computer back to exactly what it was before this update downloaded that is all of my stuff back to where working the way it was please. I will update it later once I know how to do this without it setting my computer as if it were new.

I am on an Alienware 17

microsoft windows home

Thank you

:)

MaryBrazeau, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Bo$$ Win User

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

3. Refreshing or Recovering my computer

Hi Kendall,

I highly appreciate your efforts and time.

You will lose applications and drivers or updates installed if you refresh or recover.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What and all steps have you tried so far?
    Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

Fix network connection issues:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 10, 2019
  4. How to recover my computer from the last update

Recover or Reformat?

Norton Ghost?

I am sorry.. I have no idea what that is.. I am pretty green I'm afraid.

I wasn't trying to recover any files.. I wanted to format a new drive in an old computer.. The old drive died.

I did what Namslas90 said but then when I got to the next step .. and hit enter.. nothing happened.. sigh...

Anyway.. I am waiting on the next step.. Thank you for your input ...

Kymberly_S, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

How to recover my computer from the last update

1. How to recover my computer from the last update - Similar Threads - recover computer last

2. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  3. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  4. Last Update broke my computer

Last Update broke my computer: Few days before I had updated my pc and was using it just fine, my pc started to show errors like missing dll files right after logging in. I reverted back to old update and tried to update again, latest update 1090 or something was stuck downloading at 0%. I then installed...
  5. Last Microsoft update crashed my computer !

Last Microsoft update crashed my computer !: The last Microsoft update crashed my computer. It will not boot now. I get an error message "inaccessible boot device" Windows automatically tried to repair boot device but failed. repairs fails. How can I recover my SSD ? I need step by step process on how to recover...
  6. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Update Messed Up My Computer: I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now: - My computer wakes up literally every night unless I shut it down every time - When I get up in the morning and it has...
  7. The last update to my computer

The last update to my computer: When the last update occurred and I signed on the next day the screen was and still is blurry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-to-my-computer/1eddbd2e-0002-4d35-9f67-abed2cdf8613
  8. The last update locked up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The last update locked up my computer: I received a message "no boot disk found". Thus, I had to reboot by disconnecting the boot drive, then restarting the PC, then turning it off after I receive the said message, and then reconnecting the boot drive and restarting. My last update was on September 11,...
  9. Windows crash and broken after last update - How to recover windows.old?

Windows crash and broken after last update - How to recover windows.old?: Hello there, I have had quite a nightmare of an evening trying to get windows to work. The previous evening I had updated the latest windows update. After it had completed my windows shutdown, when I came home the next day and started my pc it got stuck into repair-loop. I...
  10. last update destroyed my computer

last update destroyed my computer: I do not use my HP all in one computer very much when I attempted to pay my bills last month it down loaded the latest up dates. it has not worked properly since I was directed to reload Windows 10 by going online to Microsoft . when I done this I received error msg...