Windows 10: How to recover my Word 2013, and my saved work?

Discus and support How to recover my Word 2013, and my saved work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone I hope someone can help me? I am running Windows 10; and, I have, or should I say HAD, Word 2013, as my word processor. Somehow I seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teochter, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Teochter Win User

How to recover my Word 2013, and my saved work?

Hi everyone

I hope someone can help me? I am running Windows 10; and, I have, or should I say HAD, Word 2013, as my word processor. Somehow I seem to have lost my MS Word 2013, and all my saved word docs. I really need to get my MS word 2013, and all my saved work recovered: however, I don't know how! Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to recover everything please?

Cheers

Ian

:)

Teochter, Sep 24, 2018

2. Saving updates to a Word 2013 document

I am trying to save updates to an existing word 2013 document but the Save as dialogue box keeps popping up over and over and it wont save.

[Moved from: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2013]

lisabelanger, Sep 24, 2018
  3. 4dw10 Win User
    Can't save MS Office 2013 documents after Win10 upgrade from Win8.1

PROBLEM:
    MS Office 2013 can't save files anywhere except in OneDrive (which I don't want to use).

BACKGROUND:
    • Win10 upgrade on Alienware 17 R2 (2015 model) from 8.1 went well - no errors.
    • After using for a few days (normal shutdown / startups), used MS Word to create a document.

1. Created my document
    2. Went to file save dialogue, typed in filename e.g. "status update.docx".
    3. Almost immediately, the MS Word file save dialogue popped back up with the same filename, but now appended with a "1" e.g. "statusupdate1.docx" and received an error message (1st clue things aren't right)
    4. Hit 'Save' and everything looks okay except the document name shown at the top of MS Word is "Document1" (2nd clue things aren't right)
    5. Choose 'File, Close' and dialogue "Want to save your changes to Document1?" pops up (3rd clue)
    6. Choose 'Save' and "statusupdate1.docx" appears as the filename -- no matter how many times I hit 'Save' the 'Save as' dialogue keeps coming back with the "statusupdate1.docx" filename
    7. I'm forced to choose 'Don't Save' in the dialogue to exit MS Word
    8. I CAN'T save in docx, docm, or doc in any location EXCEPT OneDrive
    9. I CAN save rtf versions everywhere

ACTIONS TAKEN:

1. Checked the web for fixes but didn't find any that worked
    2. Ran sfc /scannow
    3. Ran dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Chose to completely remove MS Office 2013 and reinstall (used Microsoft's MSO total removal tool which removes all registry entries in addition to removing the files)
    5. After re-installation, experienced the same problem with MS Excel files (new problem after remove/install cycle)
    6. Checked out Microsoft's Known Issues with Office and Windows 10, but no joy - "https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-28d56d84-c16c-4763-8eac-e51e05a37a16
    7. Now every time I use Word, it also tries to save normal.docx which it can't save, and which takes multiple steps to finally abandon saving. Since word is used by Outlook, it also means that I have the normal.docx style sheet issue when composing mail or opening attachments.
    8. UPDATE: Installed Office 2016 in trial mode. No change. Exactly the same problem with Office 2016 as Office 2013.

Any help appreciated.

UPDATE: SOLVED

Trusteer product from IBM was the problem. Once removed, all applications work and save normally.

4dw10, Sep 24, 2018
  4. jgunning Win User

Recovering corrupt word documents

Thank you so much..I have tried the program..and it says it saves the recovered text.and when i go to the output file the document is empty.. =(

I think the student will just have to accept the enevitable..:\

jgunning, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. How to recover my Word 2013, and my saved work? - Similar Threads - recover Word 2013

2. Lost all my work in word help me recover

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my work in word help me recover: I started working on a word document on the 9th and today the 15th is when i had 8 pages of work that i found gone after opening it a few hours later. If i open the revision history it shows me the day i created it....
  3. Recover my Word and Excel 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover my Word and Excel 2013: I just installed Outlook 2019 and it removed my Word and Excel from Office 2013. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-my-word-and-excel-2013/057abf59-53ac-4b70-876e-cd06f78608b1
  4. Saving a Word document on my PC

Saving a Word document on my PC: When I "Save as" of a Word document, I save it to OneDrive...but it doesn't show up their, I assume its because this is saved in the "cloud". I would also like to access this on my PC when I am not on the internet... How do I do this? Thanks...
  5. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  6. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  7. Word 2013 with a border

Word 2013 with a border: Hi, Using a word document & inserting an image. I was attempting to add space around the image as it was too close to the text. From then on it seems, I have an internal box which now surrounds my text which I cannot delete. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank You....
  8. Word 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2013: Attention my words 2013 disappear from my laptop Having issues printing & things like I WROTE with Words 2013 Turn to pads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2013/b86e27da-bbc6-46c6-bfa6-2d820cb04a66
  9. File-save as problem in Word 2013

File-save as problem in Word 2013: When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I have to enter the name of the doc I am wanting to save.Is there anything I can do to solve this ? 132157
  10. How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?

How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?: Hello, I want to save the View settings for a certain document to show the two pages side by side. Check out the attached picture. I press View > Multiple Pages to have them sit side to side and save the document. (Notice how the zoom setting in the bottom right corner...