Windows 10: How to recover old photos from Surface Go after doing a factory reset?

Discus and support How to recover old photos from Surface Go after doing a factory reset? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had taken pictures with my Surface Go ever since I first got it (somewhere at the end of August 2019) but I accidentally reset it at the beginning of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jesse brites, Jun 16, 2020.

1. How to recover old photos from Surface Go after doing a factory reset?

I had taken pictures with my Surface Go ever since I first got it (somewhere at the end of August 2019) but I accidentally reset it at the beginning of 2020 (1/1/2020 to be exact) and I lost all the photos. I want to know how I can recover the photos since file recovery programs won't work (EaseUS File Recovery, Hetman Photo Recovery).

Winver Version: Version 2004 (OS Build 19035.1)

:)

jesse brites, Jun 16, 2020

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jun 16, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Beemna21 Win User

How to recover old photos from Surface Go after doing a factory reset?

Homegroup reappears after doing factory reset

I performed a factory reset which went fine. When I click on Homegroup it says I can join the one I previously setup on the machine before the factory reset, i.e it is asking me to join my own Homegroup. I do not have the password for my (old) Homegroup.

I've tried some of the solutions I found on here (deleting files in Appdata/... and stopping the service but the old Homegroup still persists.

1) Do you usually join your own Homegroup?
    2) Is there a way to get the password?
    3) Can the old Homegroup be erased?
    4) Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Beemna21, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How to recover old photos from Surface Go after doing a factory reset?

1. How to recover old photos from Surface Go after doing a factory reset? - Similar Threads - recover old photos

2. How do i recover windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover windows 10 after a factory reset?: I had windows 10 on a desktop did a factory reset ,I was trying to do a reinstall and now i'm back at windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-windows-10-after-a-factory-reset/55d17b94-135e-4e49-a860-5bf7b9981d5e
  3. How do i recover windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i recover windows 10 after a factory reset?: I had windows 10 on a desktop did a factory reset ,I was trying to do a reinstall and now i'm back at windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-windows-10-after-a-factory-reset/55d17b94-135e-4e49-a860-5bf7b9981d5e
  4. How do i recover windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset: Hello. I converted my Laptop Go from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home. If I do a factory reset will that convert it back to Windows 10 S?Appreciate any assistance. * Moved from Community Center...
  6. Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset: Hello. I converted my Laptop Go from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home. If I do a factory reset will that convert it back to Windows 10 S?Appreciate any assistance. * Moved from Community Center...
  7. Surface Laptop Go Factory Reset

8. Recover Files after Factory Reset

Recover Files after Factory Reset: can files be recovered after gutmann 35 pass then windows 10 factory reset restored pc to basic. all files gone. then pc used for 3 days [Original Title: reset]...
  9. Surface go cannot factory reset

Surface go cannot factory reset: I hahe a surface go and its been being alot slowing and has alot less space, so i decided to factory reset it since 90% of the thinfs on there are junk; i go to do that but when resetting it said it ran into a problem and undid all the changes. I also tried repairing but it...
  10. how to go factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to go factory reset: How to go to factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-go-factory-reset/a8956dad-969c-4037-a3d4-2012e2fe291b