Windows 10: how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7

Discus and support how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My PC had Windows 7 OS originally. I upgraded to windows 10 while it was free. About 6 months ago, the PC got virus and forced me to reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yl1688, Feb 11, 2019.

1. yl1688 Win User

how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7

My PC had Windows 7 OS originally. I upgraded to windows 10 while it was free. About 6 months ago, the PC got virus and forced me to reinstall the original OS, windows 7. My question is that is it possible to recover the Windows 10 product key, the free upgraded product key, from Microsoft based on the original Windows 7 product key?

Thank you very much for any helps!

:)

yl1688, Feb 11, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 11, 2019
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Feb 11, 2019
  4. how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7

1. how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7 - Similar Threads - recover product key

2. How to recover Windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover Windows product key: I brought an MSI laptop a few years back, and it came with Windows 10 Home.I reimage a fresh Windows 11 OS without copying the original product key, is there any way to retrieve the original Windows 10 product key? How?...
  3. How to recover Windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover Windows product key: I brought an MSI laptop a few years back, and it came with Windows 10 Home.I reimage a fresh Windows 11 OS without copying the original product key, is there any way to retrieve the original Windows 10 product key? How?...
  4. How to recover windows product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to recover windows product key?: How to recover my windows product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-windows-product-key/c8b17769-65d0-44d3-9011-c181d5cce1bf
  5. How to recover windows product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover windows product key?: How to recover my windows product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-windows-product-key/c8b17769-65d0-44d3-9011-c181d5cce1bf
  6. How to recover windows product key?

7. up grade from 7 to 10

up grade from 7 to 10: Is the upgrade to 10 still available for free. I tried it when the free offer was available but decided to continue with windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade-from-7-to-10/b5100b20-d8aa-4ff7-8851-21accfe2e4b4
  8. How to recover windows product keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover windows product keys: I have a Dell laptop and I have installed the window 10 home Singal language by changing the hard disk and I want to know my original product key. I have used both notepad and PowerShell methods, but the key shows in different in both, and window explorer also shows the...
  9. Recovering windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering windows 10 product key?: A few months ago, my desktops' hard drive suffered a catastrophic failure. I am dumb, and I never made a recovery disc, and I cannot find the paperwork that came with my computer. I did, however, have my microsoft account linked to that computer, by which I mean I had to use...
  10. Recover Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Windows 10 Product Key: Good morning. A few years ago I bought a new computer to my father with W7 Home Premium. A few months later, I upgraded it to W10 with the free upgrade that Microsoft offered; but I didn't copy the W10 Product Key. A few weeks ago the computer's hard drive crashed...