Windows 10: how to recover profile .bak file

Discus and support how to recover profile .bak file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Friends, I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data. Please advise on how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Padmaraj Mirikar, Nov 20, 2020.

1. how to recover profile .bak file

Friends,

I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data.

Please advise on how to recover it ?

regards

Padmaraj

:)

Padmaraj Mirikar, Nov 20, 2020

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Recover backup file from registry editor

Hi Ralph

Thanx for the reply

But i dont have the issue of temporary profile

I've accidentally deleted my profile's bak file

Is there a way to recover the bak file?

HASHIM MOHAMMED HUSSAIN (hashimmohammed_hussain1), Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

how to recover profile .bak file

1. how to recover profile .bak file - Similar Threads - recover profile bak

2. Recover files from deleted profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files from deleted profile: How can I recover the files I had on a device if my account was deleted by the administrator?I had a user profile on a windows 11 device and it was deleted by mistake and now I can't find a way to restore the files I had on it.I have already tried to back up but it does not...
  3. User profile service failed and there is no .bak file in regedit

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User profile service failed and there is no .bak file in regedit: Accidentally, I've changed the location of one of the user folders and that user did not have admin privileges. When I tried to switch accounts for entering that user's account "User Profile Service failed" error appears. But the windows also does not show my other account...
  4. User Profile Service failed and there is no .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Profile Service failed and there is no .bak file: Accidentally, I've changed the location of one of the user folders and that user did not have admin privileges. When I tried to switch accounts for entering that user's account "User Profile Service failed" error appears. But the windows also does not show my other account...
  5. .bak profile deleted using the regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .bak profile deleted using the regedit: hello..need help here.. i've deleted my .bak profile using the regedit..i thot it was the profile w/ error..leaving the temporary profile & using it now as the main profile..i can't system restore nor create one..what will i do..cant access the files of my computer. can i...
  6. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  7. Deleted .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted .bak file: Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how...
  8. How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry?

How to restore a deleted user profile with .bak extention in registry?: Hi everyone, Recently when I tried to open my windows 10 laptop it logged in as a temporary profile. So,when I found out about the problem from some websites and videos, I found that we need to delete a profile from Regedit command and under profile list. So, as the...
  9. .bak file

.bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  10. how to open a .bak file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a .bak file: I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366