Windows 10: How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

Discus and support How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gatchi13, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Gatchi13 Win User

How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display the "automatic repair" screen telling me my pc "did not start correctly."I have tried restarting and clicking the "exit and continue to win. 10" button many times and they have never worked. Turning it off completely and retrying has not worked either. I have also clicked the "startup repair" button and let it do its thin

:)

Gatchi13, Apr 21, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 21, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 21, 2024
  4. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

Bitlock recovery to reset password

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your PC due to a forgotten password. In this situation, you can try using the BitLocker recovery key to reset your password. Here are the steps:

1. On the sign-in screen, click on "I forgot my password" or "Reset password."
    2. On the next screen, enter your Microsoft account email address or phone number associated with your account.
    3. You will be prompted to enter the recovery key. Copy and paste the BitLocker Recovery Key from your Microsoft account page where your device is listed under "Devices."
    4. Once you have entered the recovery key, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
    If you don't have access to the BitLocker recovery key or if it doesn't work, you can try using the Windows installation media to reset your password. Here are the steps:

1. Create a Windows installation media (such as a bootable USB drive or DVD) on another working PC using the Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft.
    2. Insert the installation media into your locked PC and restart it.
    3. Press the necessary key to access the boot menu or BIOS setup, and select the installation media as the boot device.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows.
    5. When you reach the screen where you're prompted to select the partition to install Windows, click on "Repair your computer" instead.
    6. Select "Troubleshoot" and then "Reset this PC" or "Advanced options" and then "Command Prompt."
    7. In the Command Prompt, type the following command to reset the password for the local user account: net user [username] [newpassword], where [username] is the name of the locked account and [newpassword] is the new password you want to use.
    8. Restart your PC and sign in with the new password.
    I hope this helps you regain access to your PC. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Shuaib

MohammedSH_31, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

1. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window? - Similar Threads - recover reset password

2. How to recover windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover windows password: I have been using windows 11 on my hp laptop and used a pin to unlock it but suddenly it didn’t allow me used the pin and to use password to unlock it. Since I have forgotten the password I reset the pc and was able to access my laptop but now when I try to use my microsoft...
  3. How to recover windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover windows password: I have been using windows 11 on my hp laptop and used a pin to unlock it but suddenly it didn’t allow me used the pin and to use password to unlock it. Since I have forgotten the password I reset the pc and was able to access my laptop but now when I try to use my microsoft...
  4. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?: Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display...
  5. How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover/reset password from recovery/repair window?: Windows 10 desktop.I left my computer on for a few days. One morning after I woke up, it was off I had not turned it off. On startup, the motherboard symbol will display and tell me it is "diagnosing" and "performing automatic repair" respectively. Windows will then display...
  6. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  7. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  8. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 will not repair, reset or recover...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not repair, reset or recover...: Hi, Windows 10 will not repair, reset or recover... now when I try to open the laptop it starts "automatic repair" only to go to a black screen. not even the blue recovery screen. I try to enter the BIOS to no avail... I don't know what to do?!?! Please Help, Thanks...
  10. Repair, recover, reset, bootrec not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair, recover, reset, bootrec not working: Hi everyone, I turned off my pc without properly shutting down and have not been able to boot into windows since. Using a windows 10 recovery usb , I have tried the following to no avail: 1. Reset PC (Drive needs to be unlocked) 2. Recover (There was a problem recovering...