Windows 10: how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key

Discus and support how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Sir, I have a problem with the bitlocker feature of Microsoft window10. I have lock my drive through bitlocker but due to some reason my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShashiSingh2, Oct 17, 2018.

1. how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key

Hello

Sir, I have a problem with the bitlocker feature of Microsoft window10. I have lock my drive through bitlocker but due to some reason my window got corrupt. and I have to format the window in which I had the recover key. and I have formatted window first with window xp, then window 8 and last again window 10. As a result I have lost the recovery key.

just help me out how to unlock my drive without recovery key.

Thank You

:)

ShashiSingh2, Oct 17, 2018

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 17, 2018
  3. BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Karla Alm Win User

how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hello,

To help you with your concern, may we confirm if what changes did you make to your computer before you experience the issue?

For the meantime, we suggest recovering your wife's account first through the steps provided on this
    link. After recovering her account, check if you have an email there for the Bitlocker Recovery Key.

Let us know the result.

Karla Alm, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key

1. how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key - Similar Threads - recover drive lock

2. My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  3. My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  4. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  5. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  6. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Need to recover bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to recover bitlocker recovery key: Hi, from one day to the other my computer don't accept the administrator password. Does not allow me to sign with any other profile. After trying to reset the password by a couple of programs, I was ready to reset/ reinstall the OS. When I try to do it, the computer is asking...
  8. Bitlocker Recover Key. How to Save the Recovery Key to a USB Drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Recover Key. How to Save the Recovery Key to a USB Drive?: I have access to my Microsoft Account that has the saved information of my Bitlocker Recovery Keys, it includes information such as Device Name, Key ID, and the Recovery Key number. But, what I am being asked when booting to a hard drive is a USB Drive with the Bitlocker Key....
  9. Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?: Is it possible to bitlocker-encrypt a drive and not have a recovery key? Or perhaps make it longer then 48digits? submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehqgup/possible_to_bitlocker_a_drive_without_a_recovery/
  10. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?: Hi. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key? Is there any chance so far!! Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-data-from-bitlocker-encrypted-drive/30b23ce4-f79d-4d29-aac3-fcbe0a18e224"