Windows 10: How to recover unsynced files after OneDrive has been unlinked

Discus and support How to recover unsynced files after OneDrive has been unlinked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, today I recently dumped a lot of files screenshots, word documents, etc. into OneDrive but half of them were not synced since I ran out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RitsuZed, Feb 10, 2021.

1. RitsuZed Win User

How to recover unsynced files after OneDrive has been unlinked

So, today I recently dumped a lot of files screenshots, word documents, etc. into OneDrive but half of them were not synced since I ran out of the synced limit of I believe it is 5 GB? I was trying to put them on a different hard drive, so I unlinked the OneDrive on C: and then put it on D: drive. I then realized all my unsynced files were missing. I thought it would be in the recycle bin, but it's not there. I know they were all deleted, so shouldn't they be in the recycle bin? I checked online OneDrive recycle bin and it's not there either. How do I recover all of my missing unsynced files after I unlinked the account? The data is irreplaceable and I must find it back again. Please help me.

** Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / Windows10 / Microsoft 365 Family **

:)

RitsuZed, Feb 10, 2021
  2. YOD
    Yod Win User

UNsync OneDrive

I just got a Windows 10 Pro Dell XPS. In Windows Explorer, when contents of This PC are displayed, what are the 'pushpins' next to Desktop, Downloads, Documents, etc (in the left pane)?

When I transferred all my files to the Documents folder, OneDrive started to upload them. I do NOT want them all uploaded to OneDrive. I closed OneDrive, ended up in Settings somewhere and unsynced it. It continues to upload all my files when I turn the pc on again. This is a major problem here

3. Lai. B Win User
    Unsyncing files from OneDrive

Hi,

I clicked on the first link and followed the steps exactly how they showed it. The only thing I did different was that I didn't click "OK" to close off the OneDrive settings dialogue box.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking me to do. In the original folders is just the "Where are my files". Could you explain a bit more what you mean and how I can revert back to normal?

What I don't understand is why instead of removing the files from OneDrive, the files on my COMPUTER are gone. It did the complete opposite of what I thought unsyncing a folder would do so I am very confused about that as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lai. B, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

My Windows 10 desktop File Explorer must be broken or OneDrive is messing it up?

When you sync or link your folders to OneDrive, it will automatically backup your files. Thus, creating duplicate application. You can simply unsync your
    PC to OneDrive by following these steps:

• On the lower-left side of your taskbar, right-click
      OneDrive icon.

Note: If the OneDrive icon is not yet shown on your taskbar, click
      Show hidden icons or the
      up arrow.
    • Under the Account tab, click Unlink this PC.
    • A message will prompt you, click Unlink account to finish the process.

Let us know how things go.

Allan Mej, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. How to recover unsynced files after OneDrive has been unlinked - Similar Threads - recover unsynced files

2. Unsync OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsync OneDrive: I want to unsync and cancel my OneDrive account it's an old free one but none of the instructions that Microsoft provides work. When I open the account and click on Help, there is no Settings area. If I click on the Settings icon, I see Options, but there is no option for...
  3. OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC: I recently unlinked onedrive after I ran out of storage for it curse you 5 gigabites, but the status saying that i was out of onedrive space is still there, that being the red Xis there any way to remove this X? without getting more onedrive space...
  4. OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC: I recently unlinked onedrive after I ran out of storage for it curse you 5 gigabites, but the status saying that i was out of onedrive space is still there, that being the red Xis there any way to remove this X? without getting more onedrive space...
  5. OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Recovering unsynced OneDrive files

Recovering unsynced OneDrive files: Hi. I have an acer laptop that I've been using for over a year and have been saving most of my documents on OneDrive. The laptop now won't boot up, but when I check my files on OneDrive online, not all of the files were there. I suspect it wasn't syncing. My question is, are...
  7. Unsyncing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsyncing files from OneDrive: Hello, I decided to unsync my files from OneDrive as I didn't want to use it anymore, plus it keeps on telling me my storage is full so I want to remove all the files from OneDrive entirely. I went to the manage backup section and turned off backup for Desktop, Documents,...
  8. UNsync OneDrive

UNsync OneDrive: I just got a Windows 10 Pro Dell XPS. In Windows Explorer, when contents of This PC are displayed, what are the 'pushpins' next to Desktop, Downloads, Documents, etc? When I transferred all my files to the Documents folder, OneDrive started to upload them. I do NOT want...
  9. How to view unsync files in onedrive file explorer

How to view unsync files in onedrive file explorer: Hi, recently I reset my windows 10 and I have an issue with my onedrive file explorer after. So on my previous version (before I do windows reset), I would be able to view all cloud files in onedrive file explorer without downloading them. To download them I simply right...
  10. Unsyncing files of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unsyncing files of OneDrive: For the past few days I have been trying to get a wizard to create the folder in my D: drive, but it will automatically place it in OneDrive no matter what I do. I'm really not sure what can be done but any help would be great!...