Windows 10: How to recover what Explorer windows were open

Discus and support How to recover what Explorer windows were open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. A program updated and crashed Windows Explorer so my open Explorer windows have gone. How do I know which ones I had open? I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markeee28, Dec 4, 2018.

1. markeee28 Win User

How to recover what Explorer windows were open

Hi all.

A program updated and crashed Windows Explorer so my open Explorer windows have gone.

How do I know which ones I had open?

I tried looking in the Task View history but this does not tell me which ones I had open before it crashed.

Thanks in advance.

:)

markeee28, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to recover what Explorer windows were open - Similar Threads - recover Explorer were

2. I want to recover photos that were deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to recover photos that were deleted.: Can someone in the community please help. I'm trying to recover deleted photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-recover-photos-that-were-deleted/2ab5677c-9613-464b-9d95-5681d7da7eb6
  3. I want to recover photos that were deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to recover photos that were deleted.: Can someone in the community please help. I'm trying to recover deleted photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-recover-photos-that-were-deleted/2ab5677c-9613-464b-9d95-5681d7da7eb6
  4. how to recover files that were removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover files that were removed: how to recover a file that was accidently removed, I have an ausmed file but now it is not there and this is a work learning file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-that-were-removed/e5bd3325-a874-4b0c-87d3-702c21271e25
  5. how to recover files that were removed

how to recover files that were removed: how to recover a file that was accidently removed, I have an ausmed file but now it is not there and this is a work learning file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-that-were-removed/e5bd3325-a874-4b0c-87d3-702c21271e25
  6. How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted: Now I can't access CMD or Powershell from start menu. Can't elevate to Admin. I tried: 1. booting into safe mode and did system restore with command prompt2. Running SFC and DISM These methods have not workedAlso, when I try to reset the pc, it doesn't load, just freezes. How...
  7. How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted

How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted: Now I can't access CMD or Powershell from start menu. Can't elevate to Admin. I tried: 1. booting into safe mode and did system restore with command prompt2. Running SFC and DISM These methods have not workedAlso, when I try to reset the pc, it doesn't load, just freezes. How...
  8. How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to recover files that were deleted by windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover files that were deleted by windows update?: How to recover files that were deleted by windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-that-were-deleted-by-windows/87ab4d1d-804b-4e27-827c-a4c307b78fb1
  10. no icons were opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    no icons were opening: desktop icons are not showing & no icons are opening like documents, downloads, chrome etc even in start menu this pc , control panel etx options are not coming. please give sollution. nothing is opening when i click left click....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recover windows explorer