Windows 10: How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro?

Discus and support How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased and freshly installed Windows 10 Pro on my pc that had Windows 10 home. I completely forgot to write down the old Windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kaveman1420, Mar 11, 2019.

1. How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro?

I recently purchased and freshly installed Windows 10 Pro on my pc that had Windows 10 home. I completely forgot to write down the old Windows 10 home product key before formatting the HDD. Is there anyway to recover my Windows 10 home key?

:)

Kaveman1420, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Mar 11, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro?

windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro?

1. How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - recover home retail

2. CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key: I had a Windows 10 pro retail key and upgraded it to windows 11. It upgraded to a windows 11 pro digital license key. I reformatted the HD and got rid of that pc. I tried to apply that key to another pc with a windows 11 home digital key and it failed. Do I need to reinstall...
  3. CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHANGE WINDOWS 11 HOME DIGITAL KEY With a Windows 10 pro retail key: I had a Windows 10 pro retail key and upgraded it to windows 11. It upgraded to a windows 11 pro digital license key. I reformatted the HD and got rid of that pc. I tried to apply that key to another pc with a windows 11 home digital key and it failed. Do I need to reinstall...
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  5. Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail: As the subject line states... I have 2 PCs. One with a HOME retail key and one with no key but is an older PC ... let say it currently has no OS. I want to upgrade this newer PC from HOME retail to PRO retail. I have already retrieved the HOME key and saved into a text...
  6. Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro

Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro: Hi, I want to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro, as my local shop is having a big discount sale. After I upgraded to Pro using the new key, what happen with my current Windows 10 Home key? Can I use it for another device? If it's worth to mention, I upgraded to 10 Home from...
  7. Windows 10 pro Retail key

Windows 10 pro Retail key: I was using a retail key in my pc without any problem but suddenly my motherboard was gone and I got a replacement from manufacturer. From then I was facing windows activation problem, I contacted microsoft via skypee voice chat, the agent asks for the key and I told her....
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build)...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO using a retail Windows 8.1 PRO product key - Possible???

Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO using a retail Windows 8.1 PRO product key - Possible???: Hi, I bought a retail disk Windows 8.1 PRO disk that I loaded onto an old laptop years ago, and eventually upgraded it to windows 10 PRO for free. That old laptop has since died and gone to heaven, so my Windows 8.1 PRO license is no longer in use, for over a year now. I just...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Retail Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Retail Key: I often change motherboard. If I buy the retail key, how many motherboard I can change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-retail-key/561e9289-3694-45e3-a87d-6873f21a54f4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading windows 10 home retail to windows 10 pro retail