Windows 10: How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc

Discus and support How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a way out-of-date Windows 10 Home Ver 1607 HP laptop on which the user 'accidentally' clobbered WMP 12 and now wants it back. I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cognus, Jun 24, 2021.

1. cognus Win User

How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc

This is a way out-of-date Windows 10 Home Ver 1607 HP laptop on which the user 'accidentally' clobbered WMP 12 and now wants it back. I tried the recommended way but the entire entry for Windows Media Player is missing from the Media features list. There's no "feature" to install. I tried the Troubleshooter View-All and there is no media anything there. So, obviously we could clean install modern Windows 10 but the user isn't wanting to go through all the application installations, move/relocate user files and all that. A repair-install from ISO is an option but how risky is that to the users clutter of apps, data files, shortcuts [she is still using Internet Explorer ...yikes], Favorites etc. Some of those attempts have gone badly. What is your recommendation please? C

:)

cognus, Jun 24, 2021

2. WMP 12 in Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, but my music library is empty in WMP 12. I have deleted the library database, changed music locations and added into "organize" and still no listing in the library. Can anyone suggest how I can get my library back
    and hence play music in WMP 12?

DavidSnashall, Jun 24, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    WMP 12

What is the problem?

'WMP 9 or better' means WMP 9 and any later versions of WMP, i.e. WMP 9, 10, 11, 12 ... Any one of those will satisfy 'WMP 9 or better.' My copy of Windows 7 currently has WMP 12.

BulldogXX, Jun 24, 2021
  4. How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc

WMP 12

I recently replaced my old Dell laptop with a Dell E6500 running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
    It came with Windows Media Player 12. The old Dell had all or selections of about a thousand CDs, digital versions of 45s, LPs, Cassettes and MP3s, and a wide variety of playlists (most with hundreds of songs).

I backed-up the music from my old laptop to an external hard drive, then copied the files to the new Dell via Windows Explorer.
    Very few of the over 15,000 songs will play on the WMP 12 and it WMP won’t play music from the external drive.

I have spent countless hours trying every remedy I could find online using Internet Explorer 11.
    Most of the fixes suggest issues with the DMRs, codex or configurations.
    I have reinstalled the WMP, rebuilt the music library, run the troubleshooters, tried to re-set the DMRs and applied the security upgrade, to name a few. I have spent about 7 years building my digital library and with the newer WMP, my library is essentially
    useless. I am even considering replacing version 12 with WMP 11.
    Before I do that, I am reaching out directly to ask if you can provide a solution.
    Please help!!

BK46

Bill Kregloe, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc

1. How to Recover WMP 12? Troubleshooter has no WMP, no checkbox etc - Similar Threads - Recover WMP Troubleshooter

2. WMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP: Is there an WMP update i can try as I keep getting a "not responding" sign. Thanks Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp/62044689-8767-49f0-ab7f-f75a31a17ff5
  3. WMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP: Hi DaveM121. Thanks for the fix you suggested yesterday on my WMP problem. 100% now. Wish I had used the community first instead of spending 40 minutes chatting to a technician who had no idea of the problem or a fix. Regards RayMR...
  4. WMP 12 shortcuts

WMP 12 shortcuts: the shortcut for fast forward is locked in as ctrl-shift-rt arrow. Unfortunately it takes over in all programs. For example, when I use it to select a word in Word, Outlook, IE, etc, it does a FF in WMP. How do I fix this or turn it off so that I can use this shortcut in...
  5. WMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP: Hi - can Microsoft explain why fai.music.metaservices is no longer available when using 'find album info' on WMP. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp/3783fc2b-baa6-4407-b113-85b0bce2700b
  6. wmp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp.: in windows 10 how to tranfer music from wmp to mp3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wmp/8763b93a-627d-4bb8-a709-cf962876e3e0
  7. WMP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP: I used to be able to sync my music onto a USB pen drive to use in my car using WMP. However since upgrading to windows 10 WMP is not recognising my pen drive as it did before. I have looked everywhere for an answer and I am not the only one.This is frustrating and my force...
  8. WMP 12 'missing'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WMP 12 'missing': I may have inadvertently binned WMP! The folder is there in Program Files with some items but not winplayer.exe. I've looked in windowsfeatures and it just has a folder Media Features (ticked) but nothing else....
  9. WMP 12 has developed a delay playing files

WMP 12 has developed a delay playing files: I've had my system up for a good year or more. Win Media player 12 always played songs instantly. I believe since the last Win 10 update it takes upwards of 10 seconds to start playing any song. That makes the end of every song past the end of the app window as well. No other...
  10. WMP 12 problem.

WMP 12 problem.: Has anybody ever had this happen while watching a movie on WMP 12? I am running the latest Windows 10 update. Version 12.0.15063 [img] This anomaly comes and goes quickly (only a few frames then back to normal) on what seems to be scenes with a lot happening. It took me...