Windows 10: How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories...

Discus and support How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got ffpeg installed on my Windows 10 PC and I'd like to recursively convert .flac music into .mp3 within the same directory (by that I mean the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/charlesstricklin, Jun 6, 2020.

1. How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories...

I've got ffpeg installed on my Windows 10 PC and I'd like to recursively convert .flac music into .mp3 within the same directory (by that I mean the .flac file and the .mpg file end up in the same folder) and I'll be the first to admit I'm just a beginner to both ffmpeg and the CLI, so I'm a newbie there.

I've been looking at Recursively Converting FLAC to MP3 Using FFmpeg While Maintaining Metadata and Directory Structure on Windows as a possible answer to my question, but I do not want to copy from one volume to another.

Just to avoid confusion, my highest directory is C:\Users\User\Downloads\Music\ and I'd like to convert several artist/band's tracks from .flac to .mp3 within the same directory.

C:\Users\User\Downloads\Music\1st Artist\1st CD\1st Track.flac would be converted to C:\Users\User\Downloads\Music\1st Artist\1st CD\1st Track.mp3

C:\Users\User\Downloads\Music\2nd Artist\1st CD\1st Track.flac would be converted to C:\Users\User\Downloads\Music\2nd Artist\1st CD\1st Track.mp3 and so on.

Would someone clue me in on the best way you know of to accomplish that from the CLI or a batch file, please? Windows people refer me to FFmpeg subs, FFmpeg people refer me here, I just need some help understanding what to do.

submitted by /u/charlesstricklin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/charlesstricklin, Jun 6, 2020
  2. PeterCo Win User

How to remove/suppress TSSE converting FLAC to MP3 with FFmpeg?

If I try to convert a *.flac soundfile to *.mp3 and use the command part -map_metadata 0 (or even -map_metadata -1) I always get an additional ID3tag entry TSSE or ENCODERSETTINGS with the content Lavf57.49.100.

I tried to remove this unwanted tag with -metadata TSSE="" or -metadata encoder=""but it doesn't work. According to Jon Hall, this should work, but not for me...

How can I copy only the existing metadata tags from the *.flac file without any additional information from the FFmpeg conversion?

FFmpeg-version: N-81664-g6f062eb

PeterCo, Jun 8, 2020
  3. XXMike Win User
    One FLAC file has incorrent Context Menu & Doesn't Accept file association.

Thanks Ryo for your quick reply,

I had already re-ripped the file from an original Warner Classics CD manufactured by Optimal Media GmbH.

So I tried your suggestion converting the .flac to .mp3 and then back to .flac. That worked! I then tried coverting .flac to .flac and that worked also.

I hope that, either way, the music content is ok, but it's hard to say. (I'm not an audiophile, haha.)

I used dBpoweramp for ripping and converting.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

XXMike, Jun 8, 2020
  4. How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories...

No popups for FLAC files

When I hover the mouse cursor over an MP3 file, a little info box pops up.

How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories... [​IMG]

I don't get it for FLAC files.

How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories... [​IMG]

Is there a way to get it?

Thanks in advance.

DoctorJellybean, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories...

1. How to recursively covert .flac files to .mp3 files using FFmpeg while keeping directories... - Similar Threads - recursively covert flac

2. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  3. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3

Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3: Hi, Yesterday I installed and uninstalled a couple of trial video converters and after that my MP3 thumbnails simply stopped working.I tried all I could find, including the solutions on the thread below but nothing worked. I also tried doing a system restore, but I keep...
  6. Change flac file to mp3 file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change flac file to mp3 file: So I Just downloaded a song from discord and it's a flac file, i want it to be a mp3 file, how can I change it? submitted by /u/JDOGGoNE1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkfc3h/change_flac_file_to_mp3_file/
  7. recursively copy files

recursively copy files: I was wondering if there was a way to recursively copy files with windows for example I have an Adobe CD or DVD and there is a folder of fonts. Manually copying them is very tedious. so I was wondering if there was a way to do this with a batch file or shell script...
  8. File coverting...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    File coverting...: How do I convert a png file to a obj file??? Have been trying to do this with "ANYCONV.COM" with no success. Can you please help me... Thanks --Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-coverting/5cad3119-dc95-4aa0-ae47-80cd70a7c41f
  9. File explorer keeps recursively searching into symlinks

File explorer keeps recursively searching into symlinks: Recently some folder permissions on my Windows 10 laptop were messed up, so I decided to reset all the folder permissions by running the following command: icacls "C:" /reset /t /c /l After the command had finished running, the folder permissions were reset to default, but...
  10. Covert MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Covert MP4 to MP3: Hi . Is there a way to do it without using third party software? submitted by /u/faizalr17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzfv7d/covert_mp4_to_mp3/