Windows 10: How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access

Discus and support How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively (including all its files and subfolders) from Quick Access? I can remove them individually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by galapogos, May 21, 2020.

1. galapogos Win User

How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access

Hi,

Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively (including all its files and subfolders) from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and they'll stay removed, but I'd like to be able to do it recursively.

Thanks.

:)

galapogos, May 21, 2020
  2. galapogos Win User

Hi,

Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively (including all its files and subfolders) from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and they'll stay removed, but I'd like to be able to do it recursively.

Thanks.

galapogos, May 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

There would have to be some sort of exclusion marker, option in Properties or an exclusion list I suppose- and there isn't as far as I know- sorry.

Only this:
    Exclude Files and Folders in Windows 10’s Quick Access

dalchina, May 22, 2020
  4. KeithM Win User

You can exclude files by type. If the EditFlags value for a ProgID includes the FTA_NoRecentDocs flag:
    [table][tr][td]FTA_NoRecentDocs[/td] [td]0x00100000[/td] [td]Don't add members of this file class to the Recent Documents folder.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

For example, this prevents .reg files from appearing in Quick Access:

How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access [​IMG]

KeithM, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access - Similar Threads - recursively exclude folder

2. How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?: Hi!I was just trying to figure out how to unpin apps and folders from my Quick Access. You see, I accidentally pinned a folder that I didn't want to pin. Can you help me?...
  3. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  4. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  5. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?: Hello,In windows 10, when you right-clicked on a folder, there was an option labelled 'Remove from Quick Access'. That option is no longer available in Windows 11. What is the new way to exclude specific folders from appearing in Quick Access?...
  7. How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?

How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?: Hello,In windows 10, when you right-clicked on a folder, there was an option labelled 'Remove from Quick Access'. That option is no longer available in Windows 11. What is the new way to exclude specific folders from appearing in Quick Access?...
  8. How to delete a folder from quick access

How to delete a folder from quick access: I deleted a folder that is listed in quick access. Now I cannot unpin it from quick access. I tried recreating the folder, but it still says the folder does not exist when I click on it in QA. If I try to unpin it nothing happens. How do I get rid of it?...
  9. How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access?

How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access?: Hi, Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively including all its files and subfolders from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and they'll stay removed, but I'd like to be able to do it recursively. Thanks....
  10. Proactively remove a folder and all files under from quick access

Proactively remove a folder and all files under from quick access: Hello - I want to proactively not have quick access show files/folders from a specific folder. As it stands now, I have to flag each file after the fact. Can I do this in one proactive step?...