Windows 10: How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access?

Discus and support How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively including all its files and subfolders from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scorcho, May 21, 2020.

1. scorcho Win User

How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access?

Hi,

Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively including all its files and subfolders from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and they'll stay removed, but I'd like to be able to do it recursively.

Thanks.

:)

scorcho, May 21, 2020
  2. galapogos Win User

How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access

Hi,

Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively (including all its files and subfolders) from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and they'll stay removed, but I'd like to be able to do it recursively.

Thanks.

galapogos, May 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

There would have to be some sort of exclusion marker, option in Properties or an exclusion list I suppose- and there isn't as far as I know- sorry.

Only this:
    Exclude Files and Folders in Windows 10’s Quick Access

dalchina, May 22, 2020
  4. KeithM Win User

You can exclude files by type. If the EditFlags value for a ProgID includes the FTA_NoRecentDocs flag:
    [table][tr][td]FTA_NoRecentDocs[/td] [td]0x00100000[/td] [td]Don't add members of this file class to the Recent Documents folder.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

For example, this prevents .reg files from appearing in Quick Access:

How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access? [​IMG]

KeithM, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to recursively exclude folderand all its files from Quick Access? - Similar Threads - recursively exclude folderand

2. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  3. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  4. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?: Hello,In windows 10, when you right-clicked on a folder, there was an option labelled 'Remove from Quick Access'. That option is no longer available in Windows 11. What is the new way to exclude specific folders from appearing in Quick Access?...
  6. How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to exclude specific folders from Quick Access in Windows 11?: Hello,In windows 10, when you right-clicked on a folder, there was an option labelled 'Remove from Quick Access'. That option is no longer available in Windows 11. What is the new way to exclude specific folders from appearing in Quick Access?...
  7. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File removal from Quick Access: I permanently deleted a file which was located in 'Downloads'. However, it is still getting shown in 'Quick access'. If I try to remove it, it says Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. How can I remove the file from 'Quick access' which is still getting...
  8. Quick Access vanished from all windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access vanished from all windows: Hello,For a few days now I've had a problem with my quick access that just suddenly vanished. I have been using it pretty extensively as it made navigating my folders so much easier. I have tried to find a solution on the internet but most only deal with pinning and unpinning...
  9. How to remove quick access from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove quick access from File Explorer: How do I remove it from File Explorer, I don't really need it since I like to manually navigate files submitted by /u/Got70TypesOfMalware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpy786/how_to_remove_quick_access_from_file_explorer/
  10. How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recursively exclude folder(and all its files) from Quick Access: Hi, Is it possible to exclude certain folders recursively (including all its files and subfolders) from Quick Access? I can remove them individually and they'll stay removed, but I'd like to be able to do it recursively. Thanks. 156788