Windows 10: How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD)

Discus and support How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried VBScript (thinking Microsoft allows CMD output-redirect) w/o success. My company restrict 3rd party apps. 183507 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sunny123, Aug 7, 2021.

1. sunny123 Win User

How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD)

I tried VBScript (thinking Microsoft allows CMD output-redirect) w/o success. My company restrict 3rd party apps.

:)

sunny123, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

How to send cmd output results to text file?

What do I need to add here to get the results sent to a text file on desktop?

How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD) [​IMG]

Reason: Missing device in AIMP preferences:

How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD) [​IMG]

Windows 10 1903

REF: GitHub - dechamps/FlexASIO: A flexible universal ASIO driver that uses the PortAudio sound I/O library. Supports WASAPI (shared and exclusive), KS, DirectSound and MME.

Callender, Aug 7, 2021
  3. shuggans Win User
    Visual basic text file nightmare

Write to a text file without streamwriter?

Ok. This is the last piece holding me up.
    Is there ANY way I can write to a text file without locking it in use? Im currently using streamwriter- I need a different method to do so. Is this possible? would using a cmd to append a string be the best way, and if so is there a way to do it without causing a CMD window to pop up?? and what are some more alternatives?
    Thanks in advance

shuggans, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How to redirect Windows 10 File Search Result to Text File? (w/o CMD) - Similar Threads - redirect File Search

2. W/o program, how to Windows 10 Search Fast (minutes not hours)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W/o program, how to Windows 10 Search Fast (minutes not hours): W/o program, how to deal with Windows 10 Search Slow AQS doc obsolete w/o notice cmd output to file but not as powerful? With CMD output to file, I can sometimes but not often, tolerate cmd-Search during off-work but more importantly, CMD is missing: 1.ez support for Unicode...
  3. How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...

in Cortana
    How to search Excel Files w/o Admin Right when ⒈ Windows 10...: I am looking to search Excel Files w/o resorting to programming:⒈ Why " Index Properties and File Contents" require Admin right?⒉What to do, non-programmatically, w/o Admin right?⒊ Why discrepancy user can search programmatically but not non-programmatically ?Thanks Ahead!...
  4. how to search "x - y" in a text files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to search "x - y" in a text files?: I have tons of text files. and if I need to search the whole string like "x - y", it return files contains either x or y. I am not sure if issue is with dash or the space. how can i do precise search to get the file containing x - y ? submitted by /u/bmountewar1 [link]...
  5. Show text result from file search in addition to the file??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show text result from file search in addition to the file??: I enabled searching through file content and it seems to be working. It currently returns the file that contains the desired item. Is there a way for windows to also show a preview of the found phrase in the file and not just show the file? ex: when you search on google and...
  6. File History files in search results

in Windows 10 Support
    File History files in search results: I have a second HD I use both for storage and system backup. Today I needed to find some Corel stuff I have in it, so I did a search with Explorer. And just found that the results include many files identified like this: [img] These File History files, which are in a...
  7. How to send cmd output results to text file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to send cmd output results to text file?: What do I need to add here to get the results sent to a text file on desktop? [img] Reason: Missing device in AIMP preferences: [img] Windows 10 1903 REF: GitHub - dechamps/FlexASIO: A flexible universal ASIO driver that uses the PortAudio sound I/O library. Supports...
  8. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  9. Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?: My Windows 10 OS on my SSD main drive crapped out after installing a new Windows 10 update. Can no longer boot from this drive. Tried to reinstall the OS from a Windows Install disk, but it will not permit me to do this, since the SSD is partitioned with an MBR. Is there a...
  10. How to make Windows 10 Explorer to preview files w/o extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Windows 10 Explorer to preview files w/o extension?: I found several links for making Windows Explorer to preview the content of files (in the Preview Pane) with a given filename extension, like ".log" or ".me". However, many open source projects contain text files, like makefile, readme, contributors... without file name...