Windows 10: how to reduce boot time of windows 10

Discus and support how to reduce boot time of windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I do dism /online /cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mjlloiu75re, Jun 18, 2020.

1. how to reduce boot time of windows 10

I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I do

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I dont know what these commands do but after executing them slight improvement when I open a MS word document I see.

My laptop occasionally becomes very slow for some unknown reason.
    Like I face challenges when Microsoft Office starts loading it takes lot of times to open files.

System boots very slow that is not understandable.
    Usually when I run these commands vmware setup breaks and I have to re install vmware.

Apart from that there has not been any other problem.

When I run these two dism commands things come back to normal and system is able to slightly better.
    But what is causing my laptop to be slow and why I need to regularly keep executing those 2 dism commands.

I am not able to understand.

I have to use sfc /scannow also regularly. The laptop is HP 15-bs0xx.

I have 10 Gb free space these days in C drive. Only recently I deleted some files setup which freed 19 Gb.

Taskmanager I have stopped checking.

HP Laptop 15-bs0xx, hard disk is 5400 RPM that is one reason for every thing to be slow as I understand.

But despite that for normal working also this is almost difficult to use.

I don't know what happens. I am not able to understand booting time

I used a timer in my mobile here are some statistics.

It took 2:16 mm:ss to shutdown. after I have closed all applications/

Then I powered on

Initial 40 seconds POST test an HP icon and some round round circles

Now a blue screen of windows 10 powering on comes which says please wait.

after 1 minute 15 second I see Username and welcome message,

then after 4 minutes 54 seconds I see desktop but still the application icons on desktop are not there.

Now after 5 minutes 30 seconds all icons on desktop are there but still I can not use the start menu.

Now I wait and at 6 minutes 30 seconds I can use with Window key to open the start menu.

Then from 6 minutes 50 seconds after booting I can use the laptop.

I also tried after this boot opening a Microsoft word document, I double clicked on document for initial 3 minutes nothing happened.Now I again double clicked the same document after 2 minutes the document opened.

And now I double clicked Microsoft edge after 50 seconds I can use it.

So this is the time it takes to boot and become system usable approximately 8 minutes of powering on. So how can I reduce this time.

:)

mjlloiu75re, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

how to reduce boot time of windows 10

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

how to reduce boot time of windows 10

1. how to reduce boot time of windows 10 - Similar Threads - reduce boot

2. Windows 10 gets Windows 11’s feature to reduce month updates package size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 gets Windows 11’s feature to reduce month updates package size: Windows 10 is getting another feature from Windows 11, but it’s not related to the Web or MSN this time. Microsoft is introducing smaller monthly cumulative updates for Windows 10. As a result, the upcoming May 2024 Patch Tuesday update will be less than 700 MB in size, and...
  3. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  4. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  5. My clipchamp is using 600gig I have deleated vidios and cannot reduce that figure I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My clipchamp is using 600gig I have deleated vidios and cannot reduce that figure I have...: My clipchamp is using 600gig I have deleated vidios and cannot reduce that figure I have tried deleting Clipchamp temp files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-clipchamp-is-using-600gig-i-have-deleated/699b2bb0-8f42-44e5-ad52-73a73f0b55f5
  6. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  7. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  8. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How can I reduce booting time in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I reduce booting time in Windows 10?: Hi I am here to ask whether there are any methods to reduce the booting time in Windows 10 PC. My PC is not soooooo fast. I have already posted a topic about it. But that's okay. But the booting time takes a loooooooong time. I really wanna do something that reduces booting...
  10. How to reduce booting time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reduce booting time: Recently my windows went through an update. After that boot time has significantly increased. It was hardly taking less than a min or so to get to my desktop. Its taking 2-3 mins to get to my desktop. What's the issue? Would you like to discuss....