Windows 10: How to reduce booting time

Discus and support How to reduce booting time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my windows went through an update. After that boot time has significantly increased. It was hardly taking less than a min or so to get to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmandaSwift1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. How to reduce booting time

Recently my windows went through an update. After that boot time has significantly increased. It was hardly taking less than a min or so to get to my desktop. Its taking 2-3 mins to get to my desktop. What's the issue? Would you like to discuss.

:)

AmandaSwift1, Jul 25, 2020

2. Soluto: Nifty free program to help you reduce boot loading times

Im gonna try this out. Is this a boot optimizer or just list what boots when and how long it takes?

JrRacinFan, Jul 25, 2020
  3. query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 25, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

How to reduce booting time

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

How to reduce booting time

1. How to reduce booting time - Similar Threads - reduce booting

2. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  3. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  4. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  6. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  7. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.: For the past day or two, my windows is taking insanely long times to boot 15-20 minutes. Also, the performance has become very slow frequent crashes, long loading times for apps, etc.. If someone has any idea please help. Some background: I have a 2-year-old MSI laptop. The...
  8. Windows taking insanely long time to boot and reduced performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How can I reduce booting time in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I reduce booting time in Windows 10?: Hi I am here to ask whether there are any methods to reduce the booting time in Windows 10 PC. My PC is not soooooo fast. I have already posted a topic about it. But that's okay. But the booting time takes a loooooooong time. I really wanna do something that reduces booting...
  10. how to reduce boot time of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to reduce boot time of windows 10: I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I do dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth I dont know what these commands do but after executing them slight...