Windows 10: How to reduce brightness of monitor

Discus and support How to reduce brightness of monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to change monitor brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConnieProffitt, Jul 21, 2021.

1. How to reduce brightness of monitor

How to change monitor brightness

:)

ConnieProffitt, Jul 21, 2021

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 21, 2021
  3. theking2 Win User
    reduce brightness

Hi!

brightness in auto or low is way to bright at night. How do i. Reduce brightness?

theking2, Jul 21, 2021
  4. How to reduce brightness of monitor

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

How to reduce brightness of monitor

1. How to reduce brightness of monitor - Similar Threads - reduce brightness monitor

2. How to reduce brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce brightness?: I already set brightness of screen to a minimum for win 7, but I still feel too bright, is there any other feature to reduce brightness of screen further?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. How to reduce brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce brightness?: I already set brightness of screen to a minimum for win 7, but I still feel too bright, is there any other feature to reduce brightness of screen further?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Create a shortcut to increase/reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a shortcut to increase/reduce brightness: Hello there, I recently bought an external keyboard to my laptop and I would really like to create a shortcut in which I could be able to increase or decrease the brightness on screen. The native laptop's keyboard has two keys in which I can easily perform this action,...
  5. Monitor Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Brightness: Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10....
  6. How to adjust monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234
  7. Desktop brightness does not reduce

Desktop brightness does not reduce: After I updated my windows to windows 10, the desktop has been extremely bright. Even when i try to reduce the brightness, it does not reduce. I have tried all I can, inclluding reducing it with the device manager. Please help, because i can barely read from my laptop. thanks...
  8. monitor brightness

monitor brightness: How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/monitor-brightness/2c64d719-1ce0-4442-b380-feae6696280e
  9. battery saver won't reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    battery saver won't reduce brightness: Hi every one , i have this problem when i was playing online before i was using battery power so i put auto active battery saver on 20% when was get to that level battery saver was been activated and reduced brightness level with it so i was plugging in the charger but no it...
  10. How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page: I have problems when the TEXT PAGE is WHITE. The brightness of the screen hurts my eye. (I am blind in one eye) Is there anyway to change the colour of the TEXT PAGE to a moderate BLUE or GREY? Many thanks Ekendra 16163