Windows 10: How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page

Discus and support How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have problems when the TEXT PAGE is WHITE. The brightness of the screen hurts my eye. (I am blind in one eye) Is there anyway to change the colour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ekendraed, Aug 13, 2015.

1. ekendraed Win User

How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page

I have problems when the TEXT PAGE is WHITE. The brightness of the screen hurts my eye. (I am blind in one eye)

Is there anyway to change the colour of the TEXT PAGE to a moderate BLUE or GREY?

Many thanks

Ekendra

:)

ekendraed, Aug 13, 2015
  2. PapaNana Win User

How to change the Brightness to reduce the glare

How to change the Brightness to reduce the glare

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

PapaNana, Aug 13, 2015
  3. How to make the font be BOLD so the text will show up better on Windows 10

Original title: Font Question

I have vision problems and make the text larger on the screen. I also have to reduce the brightness due to being unable to tolerate the default brightness of my screen.

I need to know how to make the font be BOLD so the text will show up better on Windows 10.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Shadowlake8, Aug 13, 2015
  4. How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page

Torquemada, Aug 13, 2015
  5. ekendraed Win User
    My Monitors are ACER S201HL & HPw1707

ekendraed, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Torquemada, Aug 13, 2015
  7. My pleasure. Please mark it "Solved" if you are happy with the result.

Torquemada, Aug 13, 2015
  8. ekendraed Win User

I had done as you had suggested previously but that did not yield the desired result.

I wish to find a way to colour the TEXT page

ekendraed, Aug 13, 2015
  9. What application/ programme are you using to compose this text page?. I take it it's a TEXT page as in for instance Microsoft Word etc.

Example

How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page [​IMG]

Torquemada, Aug 13, 2015
  10. NUS
    Nus Win User
    There is no settings you can change in Windows 10 to do this.

However, you can create a custom theme to do it.

Whether an app uses your default colour for the window depends on if the app has been coded to use it or not. For apps that don't use the default colour you will have to change it through the app settings, if they give you that option.

e.g. Notepad and Wordpad use the default colour, Explorer doesn't.

If you want to do this I'll give you some instructions.

11. ekendraed Win User
    It is the white pages of Google Chrome, MS Word and MS EXCEL that I have problems with.
    Any help or suggestions will be MOST WELCOME

ekendraed, Aug 13, 2015
  12. The background colour in MS word can be changed from within the programme itself. Left click the button [top left] then choose "word options" button at bottom right of the pop up menu. You then get a choice of black, blue or silver. the actual page of the document is still white however.

brotherboard, Aug 13, 2015
  13. NUS
    Nus Win User

I don't think you can change the default page and text colours for Chrome without using an extension that styles the pages. I don't use it, so can't advise anymore than that. If you switch browsers to Firefox you can set default page and text colours. But with any web browser the default page colours only show if the web page has not set its own colours. So, an extension like Stylish is necessary to override the website code.

Word can also be set to use a different colour by editing and saving the Normal template, but it won't affect any docs that don't use the Normal template. Excel is more complicated...

However, I think Word and Excel will default to the colour you set in a custom theme.

Follow 'Option Two' in this tutorial to create a custom Windows theme: Get colored title bars in Windows 10

When you get to step 7, editing the windows.theme file, add the following lines:

Code: [Control Panel\Colors] Window=200 200 200[/quote] That will set the default window colour. 200 200 200 is the grey in the screenshots I posted earlier.

255 255 255 is white.
    0 0 0 is black.
    225 225 225 is a lighter grey.
    175 175 175 is a darker grey.

So, adjust these values to the colour you want.

Thema:

1. How to reduce BRIGHTNESS on the TEXT page - Similar Threads - reduce BRIGHTNESS TEXT

2. Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?: Even with my screen's brightness set to the lowest setting, the "nits" still appear excessively bright. On Android, there is an app called Night Screen that provides an overlay to act as a filter, effectively reducing the brightness. Is there a similar solution for Windows...
  3. How to reduce brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce brightness?: I already set brightness of screen to a minimum for win 7, but I still feel too bright, is there any other feature to reduce brightness of screen further?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. How to reduce brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce brightness?: I already set brightness of screen to a minimum for win 7, but I still feel too bright, is there any other feature to reduce brightness of screen further?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  5. Brightness of my laptop gets reduced automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness of my laptop gets reduced automatically: Brightness of my laptop gets reduces automatically and becomes zero. Even if increased back to normal, brightness goes down again and again. Tried updating the drivers but still no happiness. How could this be resolved?...
  6. How to reduce brightness of monitor

How to reduce brightness of monitor: How to change monitor brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-brightness-of-monitor/c667b165-a570-4827-bb7e-fc15e1302748
  7. Create a shortcut to increase/reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a shortcut to increase/reduce brightness: Hello there, I recently bought an external keyboard to my laptop and I would really like to create a shortcut in which I could be able to increase or decrease the brightness on screen. The native laptop's keyboard has two keys in which I can easily perform this action,...
  8. Reduce size of text

Reduce size of text: How do I reduce size of text before printing. HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-size-of-text/b19a922f-8742-4553-9b3f-9caa49fe2543
  9. Desktop brightness does not reduce

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop brightness does not reduce: After I updated my windows to windows 10, the desktop has been extremely bright. Even when i try to reduce the brightness, it does not reduce. I have tried all I can, inclluding reducing it with the device manager. Please help, because i can barely read from my laptop. thanks...
  10. battery saver won't reduce brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    battery saver won't reduce brightness: Hi every one , i have this problem when i was playing online before i was using battery power so i put auto active battery saver on 20% when was get to that level battery saver was been activated and reduced brightness level with it so i was plugging in the charger but no it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i reduce the brightness on wordpad