Windows 10: How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

Discus and support How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please advise Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos 138213 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eppixx, Aug 9, 2019.

1. eppixx Win User

How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

eppixx, Aug 9, 2019
  2. ORVILLEM Win User

Windows 10 shows only 16gb of RAM usuable of 24GB

I had windows 7 pro running with 24GB of RAM. Since I installed to Windows 10 it shows

installed RAM 24GB (16GB Available). Why is Windows 10 not using all the RAM.

I run After Effects CC and Premier Pro CC and that was the reason I upgraded to 24GB over 2years ago.

ORVILLEM, Aug 9, 2019
  3. mikel33 Win User
    Which of these motherboards for 24GB 1600Mhz RAM???

Are you also suggesting that I go with the Rampage Extreme?

mikel33, Aug 9, 2019
  4. ORVILLEM Win User

Windows 10 shows Installed RAM 24GB (16GB usable)

I've upgraded from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional. I purchased the PC with Windows 7 Home Premium but later updated to Windows 7 Professional. When I was using Windows 7 Pro the system recognized and used the 24GB RAM I've installed. Since
    upgrading to Windows 10 Pro it shows that only 16GB RAM is usuable of the 24GB installed. I've tried using the msconfig option and it shows maximum memory to be 24GB.

I need help.

ORVILLEM, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used - Similar Threads - reduce RAM usage

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser: Technically Chrome uses a lot of RAM and bandwidth compared to other browsers. As I have a lot of tabs opened in a single window , how can I still reduce the RAM usage without deleting the tabs. I have posted a question and tried to provide innovative solution to google...
  5. How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser: Technically Chrome uses a lot of RAM and bandwidth compared to other browsers. As I have a lot of tabs opened in a single window , how can I still reduce the RAM usage without deleting the tabs. I have posted a question and tried to provide innovative solution to google...
  6. Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.: I have had my PC for a while and its slowly been slowing down.. In the first SS it shows the processes using my RAM In the second SS it shows the RAM usage and the numbers dont seem to add up Is there some Cache i dont know about that should be cleared or is there something...
  7. How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?: Hi, so basically my computer either runs idle at around 55-65 percent of ram usage, or around 75% at other times. With no programs running it’s one or the other. I notice it’s usually the 75% whenever I run a resource heavy program and leave it idle for a long time, like an...
  8. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram: Starting today, periodically my computer will slow down and freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal. I quick investigation shows my Ram being used 100! but the most a program is using (Chrome) is 9%. Process Monitor doesn't show any application using abnormal amounts...
  9. Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM: So recently I installed an additional 16GB of RAM in my pc and everything was runnning fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed all the programs I use etc. Now my pc was always using around 30% of the ram, however it soon became 60% and now it is using 99% from startup....
  10. Reduce laptop RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reduce laptop RAM: I have an old laptop (dual core Celeron), and it only has one job: to display PDF docs for me to read. Win10 at present uses 850 megs, Can I reduce RAM usage even more? 44371